Sweet Little Emma and Tiger - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Sweet Little Emma and Tiger

Tiger likes to chill, then chase a few birds away from the feeder. Emma is brand-new, and she's having some difficulties, but she has to be the sweetest thing ever! Very needy, which is understandable. I posted about her in health and nutrition and the introduction section if anyone wants to be filled in on Emma. They're my sweeties!

Does anyone know what breed Emma might be? She's partly Manx, but I can't figure out the rest of her with that little-bitty pointed face and slightly larger ears.

Oh, and excuse the quality of the pics. I'm trying to understand my newest camera. Isn't going so well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EMMA IMAG0048.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	1402  

Click image for larger version

Name:	TIGER IMAG0008.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	1403  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Jr. Cat

Hi, I wouldn't know about the breed Emma might be but she is very cute and part Manx too, I like that. My kitten that i'm getting in a few weeks has a part Manx mother (but kitty has a tail).
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you.

And how exciting for you. A new kitty. Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't that where the Manx gets their name, from the Isle of Man?

It's kind of strange looking at Emma sometimes, like something is missing. And it is!!! But that just makes them more interesting in a way!

Your cat is very pretty, the one in your pic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Jr. Cat

Yes the Isle of Man is the home of the Manx cat, they are everywhere you look here, Stumpys and full Manx.

My kitty is Bailey he we only got him on Sunday from a cat santuary on the island and hes very sweet and he will be getting his friend soon who is a female tabby! I look forward to seeing some more photos of your kittys soon.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Such cute little kitties!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Premier Cat

Sorry to hear about Emma's difficulties in your other post. She's a little cutie patutie for sure. It's possible she's a purebred or Manx mix. Sometimes even purebred Manx kittens have somewhat pointy faces, but then tend to fill out when older. Having bred some Manx in the past, I used to despair when a kitten had a pointy face, sold it as a pet and then saw it at 2 y.o. and face had rounded and filled out. So it's sometimes hard to tell how they will look when mature. Hope things work out well for Emma. Most Manx have wonderful temperament so I know what you mean by "sweetest thing ever". All the best.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Marie, your cats are gorgeous!!! Wow!

Catlover, thanks for the info on the Manx. Yes, her temperment is just the sweetest I've ever seen. I think right now a lot of it has to do with her being somewhat "needy," as expected, but then I think sometimes that she'll be that way no matter what. She's laying around the back of my shoulder right now while I type this. It's like she has to be touching me. At night, she's been sleeping across my neck - I'm not kidding! Or any way close to my face or neck. She'll stretch that little neck just as far as it will go to touch me. Sometimes it's a real pain because I work at home on my computer, so she's right there wanting to rest her head on my left hand while I'm typing. You should just see how I try and move her or plead with her, LOL. It's not working out real good. So I usually let her have her way, and I just deal with things as best I can. I just can't make her wonder about anything right now, not in her state. The vet says she shouldn't be stressed either. So I'm very careful with her. Yes, that's a BIG... SHE'S TOTALLY ROTTEN AND SPOILED! I do what I can!

I'm very anxious to see her grow. I'll bet her little face fills out some, like you said. She is a pretty little thing, though.

KK

Last edited by KKdaniels; 08-30-2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: missed a word
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page