Phil - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Phil

This is my cat Phil (Phillip). I adopted him from the same rescue as my cat Izzy. They were born to the same feral colony, however Izzy was rescued when she was only a few weeks old so is not feral at all. Phillip was a bit older (but still a kitten) when he was rescued, but the feral kitty state of mind had already set in. He's very sweet with me, he's my little Prince, but he is very skittish and untrusting of other people, and is obsessed with food. He also gets quite "wild" at times when nervous, and gets upset/nervous quite easily.

I love him so much! He is super cuddly with me, gives me kisses, loves to be near me, and is always touching me. He flops and does summersaults when I try to pet him because he gets so excited. And he quacks! We call him Ducky because of it. He also does a pretty good impression of a ghost in the middle of the night (he makes "woooooo" sounds in the dark). Just thinking of him cracks me up.

This is him when I first got him. He was so tiny! He was estimated to be 3 months old but was starving so was really underweight. You can't tell in the picture, but in person you could see all of his ribs, his fur was like wire and it was really dull, and he had this huge head any tiny body. It didn't take long for him to gain weight though! And then he just kept growing, and growing...

This is him only a few weeks after I adopted him. Good food and some TLC made a big difference!

And this is him as an adult. I don't have very many pictures of him as an adult because he is so dark now that it's really hard to get a picture of him. In most he just looks like a black blob.

He's so big now! When I first got him he could sit in the palm of my hand, and now at 3 years old he is 20 pounds! But he isn't fat, he's just a really, really big cat. I call him my little pony.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Premier Cat

He has such beautiful colouring. And 20 lbs...holy smokes...he is a big cat! My Muffin is a ragdoll. She's now 15 mths and weighs 10 lbs, but ragdolls are a big breed and don't reach their full weight until about 4 years old. So, she will likely get bigger...but I'm hoping not 20 lbs. And a quacking cat! You must post a video with sound so we can hear him quacking!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I would love to get video of him quacking, but he seems to know when I'm trying to record him and won't make a sound. I wish people could hear him though, he makes such a racket!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 01:57 AM
Cat

He's grown into a very cool looking cat! :] I like his color.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page