Sir Dustin Tre - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Sir Dustin Tre

Is my love. I was looking for a special needs cat and I found Dusty.

Apparently abandoned, one night he fell. A volunteer with a local rescue organization heard his late night scream. She and neighbors searched, but could not find the source. The next morning she found a grey cat with a badly broken leg on her doorstep. He had dragged himself that far and could go no further. Too weak and in too much pain, he didnt fight being placed in a carrier for a trip to the vet. His right hind leg was too badly damaged and was amputated. After recovering and adjusting to a three-legged life he was placed up for adoption. I snagged him and took him to his forever home.

Ive had him almost 10 months and hes still quite shy and skittish, but with the help of those here hes coming around, in fact, hes quite curious. His curiosity has taken him to places I dont expect him and more than once have surprised him. Dusty, what on earth are you doing in my banjo case? Finding things from the top of the six-foot bookshelf on the floor is evidence of his curiosity and ability to get around on three legs. Hes fast! He likes sitting in high traffic areas of the house, top or bottom of the stairs or by the sliding glass door. He loves to play and sometimes will try to snag an ankle when someone walks by. He rarely hides now and will allow me to pet and brush him; in fact the other night he sunk those sharp claws in my hand to drag it back when I stopped. Dont stop, that feels good.

Uh whos training who?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Premier Cat

Sir Dustin is a handsome man, and oh, so luck you came along to bring him home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 01:18 AM
Cool Cat

I'm always very careful when I withdraw my hand from Missy, and she's the most gentle cat I've known. I always try to remember to tell her, "I've got to go now," hoping she'll get fo know that means what it says.

He looks to be a handsome boy. I'm glad his three legs are not slowing him down. When Zenobi had to be put to sleep, I chose a three legged cat, but when I inquired I was told she was out on foster and they intended to adopt. But she turned up back on the SPCA's website.

JusJim

Last edited by jusjim; 09-09-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page