Meet Tigger! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Meet Tigger!

A few weeks ago I discovered a cat that I had really wanted to adopt earlier this summer from a local no-kill rescue was up for adoption again through the same group. I had fallen in love with his profile on Petfinder, and was delighted to see that he was up for adoption again (though part of me was also sad that what should have been his forever home didn't work out). I promptly put in an application and was approved and got to bring Tigger home about a week later. We've been coming up with fun nicknames for him, and he seems to go by Tig or Mr T. the most.

He's just over four years old and was very freaked out by the car ride back to my house He ended up biting my dad out of what we are pretty sure was a straight fear and/or stress reaction to the whole ordeal. So, my dad worked on feeding him tasty treats along with his meals and thankfully all is well now. Tig is a hefty boy - he was 22.7 pounds when I adopted him! So his weight loss is a careful work in progress and we'll be going in for a check-up at the vet next week. He has big features and big paws, so he is built large to begin with, but he loves to play almost as much as he loves to eat so we are doing okay so far. He spends nights snuggling on my bed with me and days snoozing on the couch in the picture below. Tig is really a lovely cat and I feel very fortunate to be able to give him a home.

Unfortunately I've lost the cord to my camera, so these pictures from my phone will have to do until I can upload some more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

What a handsome big boy! Kudos to your Dad for working with Tigger and becoming friends with him.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thanks Marie! My dad was taken aback by the bite incident, but he definitely didn't hold it against Tigger at all. He was upset only in that he felt bad because he was trying to be TIg's friend right away and unintentionally stressed him out instead while Tig was still getting used to us. Luckily, salmon treats cure all ills!

Rach and "Mr T" (Tigger)

RIP Callie, my heart cat, 1992-2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Premier Cat

Given the turn of circumstances, it sounds like you and he were meant to be together...congratulations! He certainly looks comfy snoozing on that couch!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Kitten

Tigger is a very handsome fellow and is certainly feeling at home. Congratulations!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Premier Cat

What a happy story! Tig is just gorgeous -- I love that stomach shot! He must be comfortable in your house to be lying like that!

Holly and Murphy
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Senior Cat

What a handsome BIG boy he is! Sounds like you have a great dad too!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 03:19 AM
Kitten

:O It's Tigger xD... Hes a Handsome cat That's what I love about cats you made a good choice with Tigger, keep good care of him and I'm sure he will do the very same thing for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page