Charmander's New Collar - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Charmander's New Collar

My aunt took me shopping for some kitty goods, she's happy to have a new animal to get to shop for.

We picked him out this collar:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
He's really styling! Of course, at his young age, he'll outgrow it and you and your aunt will be out shopping again.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Tom Cat

Hi my name is Kira and I am a collarholic....

I bought collars for all my favorite holidays for my kitties. I love Charmanders collar, and you can tell by his pictures that he has quite the personality!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Cat Addict

I just adore that first pic! And what a lovely collar he has.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Senior Cat

Great photos! I love his beautiful orange markings and of course, his new collar! He is sooo cute!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you guys! Lol, I'm sure I'll have a great time being a collar-o-holic. Although, he isn't really a fan of it at the moment, but I'm sure he'll get used to it. I want him to have one on for safety of return home if he were ever to somehow get out! We just need to find a tag for him now.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Cat

What a cute little kitty; looks like he has a great personality already. What a snazzy collar!
My favorite indoor-outdoor cat, Midnight, kept losing his collars, on bushes, etc. It became expensive to replace the breakaways that are so important. So I began to buy the cheap cloth scrunchie ponytail holders, cut open the area where the elastic was, and with a few stitches extend the amount of elastic in there with some 1/4 wide elastic of my own. It was fun shopping for them at various homestyle markets. I had them for all seasons & every imaginable occasion for Midnight & his litterbox mate, who never lost his, cause he never went far. I also began to make some with inexpensive decorative ribbon, again with a few stitches to hold them on & still be breakaway, using small pieces of velcro to fasten them. I always printed his name & our phone number with a magic marker somewhere on the collars. Periodically I would go outside around his "territory" and retrieve any I could find. But it sure beat buying & re-buying the expensive ones! Here's a pic of him in one of his ribbon collars...( I also have some good ones of the scrunchie type) Sorry to go on & on, the the collar project was my favorite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Midnight.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	1597  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page