Spook, our 25 pounder - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Spook, our 25 pounder

Over the bridge now, but Spook was found close to Halloween, in a dumpster by one of my youngest son & his friend, who could hear him & his companion meowing.
Spook was black, small white spot on chest, beautiful green eyes. The other was snow white. Son took the black one. I was at a friends house so Rob called & asked if he could keep him. He fixed a shirt box with a little dirt & cut up newspaper (my request!) and fed him cut up ham (son's idea!). That nite Spook got on the counter & dragged off a box of chocolate covered donuts & we all got up to a mess of half eaten donuts & cat vomit. We took him to the Vet for his first visit that day, and when vet first saw him, before exam, he said about 6 mos old. During exam, he said, "Oh, he's just a baby, he still has his baby teeth!. He's no more than 6 WEEKS old" He recommended putting him down because he said he was malnourished & sick (don't remember all those details; 20-30 years ago). My daughter wanted to keep him & said she would take care of him. Spook grew to 25 lbs. He could reach the kitchen counter with his front paws by standing on his hind legs. I took him into the office one day to show him off, and he just sat on my desk, growling. One guy said, "What do you feed him...Alpo? When repairmen came in they weren't sure of him. He'd just stand & stare at them, twitching his tail. One finally said, "What is it?". Spook went with my daughter when she married, and her husband fell in love with him also. Their son & Spook became best buddies, and Spook finally had to be put down at age 14 due to kidney failure. Even then he never had an accident outside the box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spook-our 25pounder.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1596  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 03:29 AM
Cat

May Spook rest in peace, he was lucky to have found you.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Premier Cat

Wow, what a big and handsome kitty he was. That's so funny people were a little afraid of him. He was just beautiful and so lucky your son came along.

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page