Zinara - aka: "Zinny" - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Zinara - aka: "Zinny"

My latest feral rescue. Her brother and one sister were caught a month ago, and now in a foster home. But I'm keeping Zinny. She will technically be a part of the colony - but, since I'm treating her for pneumonia, and have her inside for this month, I'm sure she'll get attached to me and stick around (her other sister, Disco (who I'm also keeping in the colony), already does hang around the porch nearly every day!).

Napping at sunset, under the bird bath (Disco and Cynthia (the mother) both drink out of the bird bath, even though I have a bowl of water at the feeding station just a few feet away!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 03:28 AM
Cat

She's a very pretty cat.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Premier Cat

Wow, what a beauty.

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

It's been 3 days, and she's made great progress! Both in behavior and health. She still hisses at me when I'm near, but at least I don't have to wear leather gloves anymore for biting! While I'm touching her, she'll purr and relax, but as soon as I stop touching her (and of course before I get ahold of her) she still acts quite feral.

Her eyes are still a bit goopy, but her nose isn't snotty at all..and I've only heard her sneeze a couple times yesterday - compared to about every 10 minutes, as was the case before Friday.

Her growls sound like burps! LOL They come in short little spurts, rather than long rumbling. I keep wanting to say "excuse you!" And she only growls at Nebbie, just hisses at me, and simply avoids Paizly (because Paizly hisses at her, since Paizly is afraid of everything)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Premier Cat

She is adorable. How old is she?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

About 4 months.
I first saw the kittens on June 20, and they were out romping around, so I figured they were about 5-6 weeks by then... so born maybe mid-May.

She's been sick for at least 3 months, so she's very small. Weighed exactly 2 pounds on Friday. About the only sibling who seems perfectly healthy and regular size is the one sister who's still wild in the yard. Other two siblings had colds and were underweight, but slowly growing now that they're better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page