Cocoa - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Cocoa

This is my 5th rescued kitty. I found him under a dumpster at work yesterday. I was lucky to find a vet that was open on Saturday so I took him in. He was feline leukemia negative but had fleas, ear mites and lice. Got that all taken care of. The vet said he was 7 weeks old. Poor thing was skinny, cold and needed some lovin. I was going to take him to the SPCA but decided he was coming home with me instead! He's a cuddler! He only hissed at me once when I first picked him up. Nothing mean about him since. Such a love! He's in quarantine for 10 days away from my other cats right now.
It breaks my heart to know he was out in the cold for what ever time he lived under the dumpster. There were no other cats around and people I've talked to around the mall said they heard it crying just the past 2 days. I think someone might have dumped him there. He's safe, warm and loved now. I named him Cocoa because his fur reminds me of dark chocolate. Cocoa is the darker cat (face only pic). Sammi is my tortishell and the dog is Tanner. I do have 3 other cats and 2 more dogs not pictured here.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Premier Cat

What a little sweetheart! He's lucky you came along.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Cool Cat

What a sweet little face! How wonderful that you rescued him.

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Premier Cat

I love hearing stories like this, how people really step up and rescue a kitty in need. Who knows how this might have ended if you hadn't come along. Congrats -- you're doing a great thing.

Holly and Murphy
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Cat

great job for rescuing the little kitty, when i rescued my sephi 3 and half years ago, he was 5 weeks old too, i almost took him to be adopted but for some reason i told myself that i am going to keep this one and i am glad i did!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Senior Cat

Awww, what a sweet little baby! Thank you for saving him!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Tom Cat

What a cutie! Good job for rescuing him!

How is he doing now?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Thank you for rescuing that poor baby!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Cocoa is doing great! A bit slow in gaining confidence though. He still runs into his crate when my husband or I walk into the room. I can pick him up out of the crate and he snuggles against my neck and purrs like crazy. I tried putting a bit of can food on the tip of my shoe hoping he feels secure when I walk towards him. He eats the food so I'm hoping one day the light bulb goes off in his head to know my shoes are not danger for him. He's gaining weight nicely and he does jump the gate to explore the rest of the house so I know he's beginning to gain confidence. He is so sweet! I'm so happy I kept him.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page