Can someone help us name her? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to ShellyBird
Can someone help us name her?

Yesterday I found this little girl, she was abandoned (yes I looked around and tried to see if there were other cats around, no there weren't. I have already been lectured by other's on another site about taking this kitten in, and really don't feel like getting that here. I am saving this kitten's life.) She is only 4 weeks, maybe 5 weeks old. (Again, I went out and got the kitten formula, a bottle and I am feeding it small bits of canned cat food [which it eats like it is it's last meal.] I know it needs it's mother's milk and nutrients for at least 8 weeks 10 to be safe.)

Okay now that, that is out of the way. I don't mean to sound rude, but I don't like being told I am doing something wrong, when I am saving it's life.

My husband and I can not agree upon a name. We do not like human names for animal's, I do like other languages as long as they are not lengthy (that is the same for English names), IE, my cat's name is Dolce, because she was so sweet and cuddly from the day we got her. I want something that represents her coloring or the way she looks. We don't like Fluffy or fuzzy etc.

Here are the names he turned down: Ash, Willow, Kiara, Jasmine, Chloe, and Sassy.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...9_821029_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4371218_n.jpg

So here I am asking you experts for your creativity and help on names.

Last edited by ShellyBird; 10-17-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the links to pictures of her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I don't understand why you think we would tell you you're doing the wrong thing. I'm glad you're helping her.

I try to name my cats according to their temperament. Perhaps the fact that she is a rescue might help you to choose a name.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

How about Xena, for the little tough, but gorgeous, warrier kitten who survived?

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Cat Addict

I think it is great you are saving her life!! I think you should name her Gremlin! She is sooooo cute.

Becky, the proud momma of:

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Tom Cat

She is a doll! Are you sure it's a girl? How about... Tink?
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Premier Cat

She's beautiful. What about Bella? It seems to go well with Dolce.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Cat

Totally getting this from your username, but what about Birdie? Cookie, Buffy, Misty... It's so hard for me to come up with names that are non-human because I'm the opposite, I like people names! Regardless of what you decide to name her, she's totally adorable!

p.s. She looks like my aunt's cat Milo, who is a girl.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 04:26 AM
Premier Cat

She is break your heart adorable!

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Kitten

What a lucky kitty. I think the name Willow is suitable as you have suggested
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Jr. Cat

Good for you to rescue this baby! If you can save at least one kitty out of all the abandoned, kudos to you! She's beautiful. I like the name Bella as Susan suggested. I just rescued a 7 week old kitten. Found him under a dumpster at work. (he's in my avatar)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page