Additions to my too large family. =D - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Additions to my too large family. =D

Hi there. I already posted before about my two cats Hades and Antigone, as well as my bird Pidgey. But recently my fiance and I came into the possession of yet two more cats. Oy vay.

They came to me as Milo and Lily. Their old owner is a coworker of mine who was going to jail for drunk driving. She needed to find homes for the cats, but unfortunately no one really could take them. (Including me, since I already have two cats, two rats, a bird and fish, and live in a tiny mobile home) As it got closer to her going into jail, I told her that if she would turn them over to the local animal shelter that I would step up to foster them until they could find homes. She flat out told me "they aren't worth the turnover fee". What's worse, however, is that she then proceeded to look me in the face and without emotion tell me:

"Look. If I can't give them to someone, I'm just going to have someone come over and shoot them."

Needless to say, I now have them. I had the intention of handing them over to the shelter, but then realized they are 8 and 10 years old and unfortunately the shelter would just euthanize them anyways. Better than being shot, but not by much. They're fitting in pretty well, minus a few fights here and there.

Milo is now known as Hermes. He is a white domestic shorthair with greenish yellow eyes. He is completely deaf. He also has bad acne and needs shots a lot, and is 8. He is such a love bug! He also has no fear. The poor vet can never get his heartbeat because he is always purring too loudly. He likes to saunter about the vets office and go hang out with the rottweiler dogs that live there. Because he can't hear he overcompensates with smell. He invades everyone's personal space in order to sniff them. He is also known as "Pickpocket Kitty" because when you arent paying attention he tries to slide his paw into your pockets and steal stuff. He also steals silverware and anything else and stashes it in the laundry room. He and Hades are best buds. They follow each other everywhere, groom, cuddle and sleep together. He torments Antigone though. He likes to corner her and just freak her out until she attacks.

Lily, now Lettie, is a 10 year old calico. She is super skittish due to being heavily abused by the owners before her last. She won't let anyone touch her back due to them actually breaking her spine once before by kicking her and throwing her. By some miracle they were able to mend it, but when I got her she was a shivering wreck of a cat. She was terrified of everything and would pee herself in terror. If we let her she would hide and never come out, but we are forcing her to be social by not allowing her to go anywhere where there are hiding spots. She, and the other cats, are being kept in the main living space so they are always around people and each other. In just a few weeks she has stopped hiding behind the furniture, lets strangers pet her, and even cuddles with us and others. She still gets startled easily, but it's night and day from when we got her. She likes Hermes well enough, as well as Antigone...but boy does she hate Hades. I'm not sure if it's just their age difference or what (3 and 10) but she hisses if he even comes within 4 feet of her.

Last edited by marie73; 10-27-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Awwww, what a sweet ending to a horrible story! Love the pickpocket!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito
Oh my gosh! I can't believe she would just go and have them shot. That's simply a horrendous thing for her to say! At least they are safe with you now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 01:32 AM
Premier Cat

Ack! I think I love you and your fiance for taking them in and adding them to your family!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 02:10 AM
Cat Addict

I am so thankful there are people like you in this world. You put yourself out to save these two wonderful, adorable fur babies. Though that story is absolutely horrible, and I would love to come face to face with that woman, I am glad it happened because they now have a good home with you, and can live happily. Bless you!!

Becky, the proud momma of:

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 02:38 AM
Premier Cat

The furries are adorable and you and your finace are kitty guardian angels.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Premier Cat

They are beautiful kitties and I'm so glad you stepped up like that. Not only does the "shoot them" thing sound scary, but it doesn't sound like they had a great life before then either. Their home with you is going to be night and day difference. You're a hero for giving them a home!

Holly and Murphy
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Cat Addict

Giant Hugs the new additions are beautiful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page