Love in the laundry room... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Love in the laundry room...

My sweet cat Isabelle, who we got back in May, is not the most affectionate of kitties. In fact, she's pretty standoffish - I wouldn't describe her as overly skittish or shy, but although she likes to be in the same room with us, and sleeps in my daughter's room almost every night, she is not one to snuggle. But considering we got her as a companion to our other tabby Lea and the two of them adore each other, we can't really ask for more.

About once a week though, she decides she loves me and will climb on to my lap with some kisses, purrs, and snuggles. I've noticed this is almost always in the basement when I'm doing the laundry. I wonder what it is about the basement that makes her all lovey dovey? As soon as I lean down to pick up more clothes she'll jump on me like she suddenly realized I exist after days of refusal to acknowledge me. And it's so sweet for about five minutes, until she's like..."uh, ok now...you can stop...DANG I SAID STEP OFF! WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO NEEDY?! I JUST WANNA PLAY IN THE LAUNDRY BASKET!" (I may be paraphrasing here ) It's just that she's so cute and I'd love on her all day if she'd let me.

So any of your kitties show affection in odd ways?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Miss Grace, Normie and Cleo, you will never be forgotten.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Cat

My Callie is also not one to snuggle. She only snuggles with my dad- she'll take flying leaps off the bathroom counter into his arms. lol.
But the rest of us, she'll let us pet her and that's about it. Except in the bathroom. LOL. The toilet is right next to the bathroom counter, and I'll be sitting on the toilet and she comes over, sits on the corner of the counter, and reaches her paw out to touch my shoulder. A few times I've turned my face towards her when she does that, and she kind of pats my face with her paw really gently a couple of times. It's so cute and I feel like it's the only time she returns my affection.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Jr. Cat

Its me with the bathroom too. I'm lucky enough that Caesar will accept any attention during any time of the day, but when I go into the bathroom, usually both my cats, Caesar and even skittish Juno, will scratch at the bathroom door. If/when I let them in, they hop up on the sink and expect lots of love/pets (Definately a personality change from normal Juno).

I've also noticed Caesar comes up and cuddles more when I sit on a certain couch in my living room, however that may just be because he likes the fabric better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 12:56 AM
Tom Cat

We are gamers in my house and when we are at the computer playing a game, whether League of Legends or Skyrim, she will be on the headrest of the computer chair with her head laying on one of our shoulders purring and half asleep. I tend to look at her and make a kissing noise and she'll give me a kiss.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

From our family: Pinky, Alissa, and Ransome.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Tom Cat

I have two (out of four) that have certain "loving" areas of the house lol.

MacKenzie's is the kitchen, she only wants love & attention when I am sitting at the kitchen table. She gets my attention by using my leg or my backside as a scratching post. It's a lovely way to get my attention lol. She pretty much ignores my hubby, she only wants food from him

Kisa is the bathroom & the laundry room. She loves to "help" me fold clothes. You can imagine how much assistance she lends lol. She also sits on the bathroom counter and stares at you while you shower or use the facilities. It's a little creepy lol.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Cat

Hmmm.. well, Johnboy has always thought physical affection was just EW GROSS. And I don't know if this counts, but Johnboy used to pee on me in bed when he was a tiny little boy. Nothing was amiss and he'd love on me afterward so it was his weird sign of affection or something. The WORST expression of love.. ever! Nowadays he keeps his pee to himself (for the most part!) and likes a nice vigorous head rubbing when he decides it's time for one. But god forbid I try to kiss him. He recoils and runs like death is chasing him down!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page