Introducing Draevyn - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Introducing Draevyn

I joined a couple days ago, so I guess it's time to get on the official introductions.
In April of 2011, I began searching for a cat after losing my most precious boy, Taj. I wasn't trying to replace him, but I can't remember a time when I haven't had at least one cat, there was a certain rest in the house that I couldn't get used to. I knew I wanted to adopt. I tried adopting from my shelter, but I cannot begin to describe the horrible experience I had with the overseer there and I'm not welcome back. Which is fine, because she'll never forget what I think of her
So I wandered around pet finder for the nearest shelter, and found an ADORABLE little kitten covered in little black fuzz and little white dipped feet with gorgeous yellow eyes. By the time I got to the shelter, there was a little sign on his litter's cage that said 'We've all been adopted!' Sad for me, great for them xD
So I looked around some more. I was looking for a kitten, and there were plenty there. There were also lots of great big tom cats -my favorite I love their muscles and the kneading.
But from a little cage on the bottom in the corner, something grabbed my pant leg. I gave the little cat a 'hello' and kept looking, but he kept mewing at me. So I asked to see him. This cat -Called Petey, at the time- brown nosed me so hard. There was endless nosing and cheek rubs and purring and 'love bites'. I was just like 'whatever, fine!' He really was sweet though xD I sincerely believe animals pick their people. There must be a connection, however small, right from the start.
So I took him home. We had a few more vet checks for vaccinations and to take care of some dirty ears, but other than that he was fine.
However, he's deathly afraid of riding in the car, and whenever he has accidents the house, he acts as though he's begging for forgiveness (it's sad, because this is a cat that does not have remorse for his actions) He was already neutered when I adopted him.
From what I understand, someone abandoned him there, for whatever reason, then he was adopted, neutered (obviously was abused for some time) then brought back again. I believe that's why he's afraid of cars. -I mean, if every time you were in a car you were taken somewhere horrible wouldn't you be afraid to get in them?
He's clever... oh so clever. I know everyone thinks their animals are the cleverest of them all, but I, personally, have NEVER had a pet quite as cunning as Draevyn. He's matured a lot in the almost year he's been with me, and now you can look in his eyes and see... I don't know how to describe it. A human-like expression, like he understands everything that you say, like he can predict your movements.
He's not a very loving or social cat, but he has his moments, just moments when he reaffirms that he does care for me. It's hard to deal with, however, how very unsocial he is. All my cats have been velcro cats, cats that knew no strangers. But I do love him.
So, on to proof!
<- This is a music-type video of him. Most of the clips are from the first day -as I kept him strictly in my room for the first few days to gauge his behavior and what I might be dealing with when he began to explore the house. Hallelujah he left my rats alone those first few days.
These other photos were taken with a webcam, -disclaimer for the quality D:
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...61122541_n.jpg He loves his window. The duct tape is his doing -.-' I woke up to find my cat halfway hanging out my window. I lied and said I broke the screen. Lucky duck.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...16020196_n.jpg Making the best of a bad situation xD
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...58225173_n.jpg It's hard to wrap gifts when your mouse is narcoleptic <3
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...31645498_n.jpg He watches other cats from his window. I hate keeping him strictly indoors, but it keeps him alive. (Any suggestions for indoor fun would be great)
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...57248080_n.jpg He has a KittyWalk thingy. My room it small so only the tower is set up for the window. He lovesssss his tower though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Cat

Beautiful story and beautiful video.. what a sweet cat! My first kitten demanded my attention to, demanded to go home with me so I know exactly what you mean! I am so glad you both found each other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page