Meet my cats! Pictures included :) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Meet my cats! Pictures included :)

Yay, time to brag about my cats! I'm brand new here so I thought I'd introduce ya'll to my babies

Cadence- She's- we think- some kind of ragdoll (because she's so relaxed/limp, affectionate and docile, but she looks nothing like any ragdoll I've ever seen)/ maine coon mix and she just turned 7 (we think) a few days ago! We took her in because her owners at the time didn't want her- can't imagine why!- and she was pregnant. She gave birth to four lovely kittens and we ended up giving all of them away so we could keep mom. She's your typical cat- curls up in the smallest of boxes, lays on every plastic bag and butts her way into any work you're doing because she wants to be the center of attention. She loves to have her tummy rubbed and if you're going to carry her around she insists on being cradled like a baby or held like a toddler on your hip! She won't have it any other way. Anyway, here's a picture of her and maybe you all can tell me if you think our guesses about her breed are right! (BTW- I've never posted pictures before so I'm sorry if they don't show up/are too small!)

Nala- She was our first cat. Her mama was a stray out at my aunt and uncle's house who had a few kittens so we decided that we'd love to give one a home! She's a big (er, overweight- she used to be the slimmest cat, but then she kept growing wider...) calico. She's a tiny bit tempermental but she has her sweet moments- she'll gently pat you with her paw if she wants a bit of attention and she's not against giving whoever pets her a few kisses in return. She absolutely hates other cats though so she has to stay separate from the others. She turned 9 (maybe in April.

Melodee- She was a rescue too! Someone in our neighborhood found her abandoned behind a bush and brought her to us. She was the tiniest cat and she's still very petite,dainty and girly (even though she's such a tomboy when she plays). She's one of my youngest- turned 3 this year- and she's an American Shorthair (maybe! haha, i'm not very good with my cat breeds). She's mostly black, except for her white chin, chest, tummy and toes! She's not very cuddly but when she wants attention she won't let you get away without giving her a few pats. She'll get right up in my face, squint her eyes and purr. She absolutely loves crawling under blankets and sleeping there- I've accidentally sat on her quite a few times. Oops! She's like a dog when it comes to her food though- this cat begs like no other and there's almost nothing she won't eat! If there's a cup sitting around unattended, you can guarantee her face'll be in it. She's quite the mess!

Samie- My youngest and latest addition! He's just two years old. He's an orange tabby/marmalade. He used to be an outside cat- his mom was a feral but he always travelled around with his brother (who was run over before we took Samie in ). We brought him in for one main reason- snowpocalypse! There was a huge snowstorm coming and we didn't want him to be outside because he was so young and small. We didn't plan on keeping him but I get attached to every cat you stick under my nose so I couldn't let him go! He's very attached to me. I'm the only one he'll let pick him up and even pet him (he'll let my dad or sister pet him every now and then but he's always so tense). He follows me around and if I'm not in his sight/doesn't know where I am he'll walk around calling out for me until he finds me or I answer back. He is the most talkative cat I've ever had! He mashes himself up against my chest when we sleep and he's by far the sweetest, neediest cat of the four!

I hope you all enjoyed meeting my cats and I can't wait to meet yours!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Premier Cat

Welcome, you have a beautiful fur family.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Nan
Cool Cat

All beautiful kitties! Welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Premier Cat

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the stories of all your kitties! I love hearing how people got their cats and how their personalities differ.

Holly and Murphy
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Senior Cat

Welcome! They are all lovely! Thanks for sharing the stories as well, I always enjoy that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered" - Bob Barker
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Cool Cat

i'm squealing in delight right now! they are all so cute!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Senior Cat

All of your babies are gorgeous!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Awww, thanks guys! )
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Cat

Welcome!! Your cats are all beautiful.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via MSN to Poetess
Beautiful furbabies!! Thanks for sharing about them; it's always nice to hear the stories

- Carolyn

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page