i gave my cat a bath - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Smile i gave my cat a bath

So the other night we had a thunder storm going on. Stache is afraid of the thunder. So he went to hide in the basement.

In our basement we have 2 back rooms. One of back rooms has a boiler and the snow plow is in there,the power washer(for the house)is there,our bikes are kept in there too. And a bunch of other stuff is in that room.

So while thunder was crashing and making loud sounds..i was went to look for stache...i found him in the back room hiding under the power washer. So i pulled him out and noticed that his fur was sticky and oily. no so good.

I took stache to the bath room and gave him a bath. Since we didnt have any cat shampoo...i used the dog oatmeal shampoo. It was the only thing we had for the dogs.

Stache was okat while i was sponging him off with the soap. But once i started to pour the water on him,he tryed to get out of the tub. But i kept in the tub and got the soap off.

So here are some pics of stache as a wet kitty.

here is stache all dry and brushed out.

hes sleepy from his bath
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Cool Cat

congratulations! you survived the bath! ha ha! stache must've been so tuckered out fighting it that he did conk out afterward for a nap. too cute.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Thank you for the comments. That was his very first bath. I think another bath in his furture is coming his way

blue had her first bath too over the winter time. Now only if i can get the other two to agree to a bath.. hehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Premier Cat

I would be careful when I go to bed if I were you. That is not a happy Stache.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Cool Cat

i think i saw a thread on here a while back about some woman whose cat actually jumped voluntarily into the bathtub with her after months of watching her have such a good time in there herself. apparently the cat just loved being in her company and finally got the nerve up to join her. pretty nuts, huh? i think that would be so funny. i keep thinking i should start taking baths more and see if Angel wants to join me eventually. she DOES already sit quietly on the bathmat while i'm taking a shower. i do that to give her her almost daily steam treatment. don't know if she likes it or just tolerates it, though. the only time she pushed the door open to leave was when she had to use the litterbox.

although, i'm not so sure i want to be sharing my bathwater with a kitty whose been walking through the grass and dirt and picking up who knows what in her fur...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page