My clowder of cats posing for the camera - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

My clowder of cats posing for the camera

Yes, I looked up that the term for a group of cats is a clowder...LOL. Anyway my four legged companions are very special to me and I love photography and they make wonderful subjects. My tabby is particularly fond of posing so I tend to have more pics of her than the others...she is quite a diva.

I will post photos of them in the order which they joined my family.

First up is Ember...my first girl who is currently in a lot of pain and is having trouble walking. I posted about this in another thread but wanted to share more about her and my other kitties with you all.

Ember is very independent, sassy, a bit grouchy, but super friendly with guests visiting our home. She thinks she is a person, not a cat, and LOVES to pose for me and the camera. Very mischievous and extremely smart...loves to find ways to get into trouble. I sometimes can look into her eyes and see her plotting something. Whenever the food bowl is low she makes sure to find me or my husband and pat us with her paw to let us know it needs to be filled up. Either that or she starts tormenting the other cats (so naughty!).

I've had her since she was a kitten who was lost in an apartment parking lot and was way to small to be away from her mom and litter mates. I adopted her before my brother-in-law could take her to the pound. I love her so much and can only hope and pray she gets better soon.

What a tongue!

Clean that foot!

Oh it tasted bad!

Lizard!

Squirrel!!

Bleck!

But I don't wanna go back yet!

Some B&W

What a big teddy bear she is!

Sweet Mama's girl

My favorite pic of her...not sure why but it is.

Next up my other girl.

Nerina~

Nerina~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Next up...LG

Next up is my torti whom I adopted about 4 months after Ember as a companion. They aren't big fans of each other these days, but they were closer when they were both still babies.

I originally named my torti Cinder (Ember & Cinder..haha) but she ended up being called Little Girl because she is so small! For the first few years she was only 6 lbs fully grown!! Now she is 8.5 lbs so is still small.

LG is very dainty...LOL. Dainty eating and walking. Doesn't want anyone seeing her in the litter box. Not a fan of guests or strangers as she pretty much is attached to me like glue. We have a very close bond and she is my little shadow. If I am sad she knows it and is a quiet comfort in my lap or cuddling next to me. I love how much she loves me and I pretty sure she knows I am crazy about her too.

So here she during those off moments she let me photograph her. Normally she ducks her head away from the lens, flash or no flash she doesn't want to model for a living. LOL

This is my cat perch not yours!

And now she is princess...

Heater meet Little Girl....Little Girl meet...oh nevermind you're asleep

Lizard!

Sun lover this one...

A rare sisterly sniff

I love this one of her....

Next up the boys...

Nerina~

Nerina~
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

The boys!

Next up is Snaggle...fully named Snaggle Tooth as his teeth and lips are always getting stuck on each other. We generally call him Snaggle though.

Snaggle is a curmudgeonly old man who is desperately in love with my hubby. He was a neighborhood stray that showed up one day for the catnip I was growing outside. I ended up finding out most of the neighbors on my street were caring for him. He ended up needing several vet visits and after a late night attack from another cat we decided he needed a safe permanent home.

It's a good thing we did too...he ended up having a bad hyperthroid problem and is on meds for it. His back hips are also very bad with arthritis and hip-dyslasia. Eventually we figured he was deaf also...so outdoor living was not a good idea for him, tomcat or no.

Though I say he is curmudgeonly he really is a love...so sweet and he made my hubby fall in love with cats. They are very very close and it's one of the sweetest relationships I have had a chance to witness. If only I could find the old man the fountain of youth...he is definitly a senior citizen, we are just not sure how old, and try to convince ourselves he is younger than he looks.

Anyway...here he is:

Group shot with the girls on the orchid tables:

Last up is Mito (pronounced Me-toe) who is a Hemmingway with big ol' feet. Not sure how old he is but pretty young, five or under. Picked him up at the shelter. The group of cats he was with were going to be put down so I had to take him over all the kittens. No one was really looking at him and I didn't want him put down. Turns out he is a bit crazy and appears he may have been abused as he is really hand shy.

Handsome devil but as coocoo as can be...not sure I have ever heard a cat with so many weird vocal noises but he is talker, hummer, kinda walks around sounding like a car trying to start. He is big boy too! About 15 lbs but is scared of his own shadow. Eventually he is going to need a companion to play with...the girls and Snaggle are too old and set in their way and not overly friendly.

He really doesn't like the camera but I was able to get some shots on a couple different days.

What a face huh?

Big feet:

Big ol' Yawn:

Hello up there!

That's it...thats the clowder of kitties! LOL

Nerina~

Nerina~

Last edited by Nerina; 07-29-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 04:22 AM
Cat Addict

Oooh, your kitties are all gorgeous - and your pictures are fantastic, very professional looking!

Some of us are chiming in on your thread about Ember - I am glad to know her name, and yours too! Welcome to you and your clowder .

Fran
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 07:33 AM
Cat Addict

Great photos, some of the best I've ever seen on this site. And your cats are gorgeous.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Senior Cat

very nice pics, and yes poly cats are not normal..

yeti cat: two toes short of the record books
eons ago there must had been a creature with a roar
like a vacuum cleaner, it most likely ate cats.
smokey,yeti, pansy, violet, ember and brullie
jolene, tammi and emma the ghost kitties in the house
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Cat

Wow! You are a very talented photographer and your cats are very lovely indeed.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Tom Cat

The quality of your pictures is wonderful; wish you were here to do pics of all
my cats! Love your beautiful tortie girl; my tortie is also the petite one of my
bunch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Tom Cat

Beautiful pictures of beautiful kitties!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Premier Cat

Your photos are exceptional! I was looking thru Ember and couldn't decide which photo I loved the most. All the picture of your cats are so well done.
They really capture the essence of cats lives and attitudes!
Nice job Nerina!

You should make this one into a card!

Saying prayers your sweet Ember gets better.

I got a lump in my throat reading that Snaggle was deaf and living outside. Amazing he lasted out there. You are such a great cat person for rescuing all these special kitties.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page