Keona, a stray no more - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Keona, a stray no more

Hello! I found a stray kitty, who I named Keona (God's gracious gift) and she is fitting in quite well. She loves being petted and takes naps in my lap while I type (I write books) I never thought that a cat would be a good pet for me.. And I've never been so happy to be proven wrong

The one problem is that I own mice, and am in the workings of opening a mousery sooo.. Keona poses a threat to my other pets. Let's hear a big hooray for doors, huh?

She's working on getting all her vaccinations, and then she'll be spayed-I figure she was dumped because she was pregnant. She's only 6/7 months old (vet's guess) and all the babies died because she was too young. But at least she survived that ordeal.

Haha, and my stepdad and uncle are scared of her three guesses why..

Keona:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Senior Cat

Aw, thank you for taking her in! I HATE the black cat superstition, so many cats don't find homes just because of their color. i <3 black kitties...se looks very sweet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered" - Bob Barker
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Premier Cat

Your stepdad and uncle need to see this!

You are doing a great thing to take Keona in and take care of her. She had a rough start in life but you're making such a difference. She's beautiful!

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Jr. Cat

I don't understand the black cat superstition either! But I've never known someone not take a cat because of its colour...

Although, my cat was in a litter of 4 gingers and 1 black and the black went first and no one was particularly interested in the orange ones (except me!!)... Gingerists!

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Jr. Cat

Ps i forgot to say that your new kitty looks very cute and sweet

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Kitten

beautiful kitty. I just adopted 2 black girl kitties because I was told that they are the hardest to adopt out, people are either superstitious or treat them badly and then they have problems. My wonderful cat Bailey just passed away and was an FIV kitty, I wanted to pay it forward for my wonderful times with him by helping these girls have a chance.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan841 View Post
Aw, thank you for taking her in! I HATE the black cat superstition, so many cats don't find homes just because of their color. i <3 black kitties...se looks very sweet
Thanks! She is sweet, except when you stop petting her 'too soon'. Then she gets mad at you, and makes sure you know it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by October View Post
Your stepdad and uncle need to see this!

You are doing a great thing to take Keona in and take care of her. She had a rough start in life but you're making such a difference. She's beautiful!
Haha, love that picture!! I'll definitely show them that. And thanks, I'm sure she'll love all these compliments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxy View Post
I don't understand the black cat superstition either! But I've never known someone not take a cat because of its colour...

Although, my cat was in a litter of 4 gingers and 1 black and the black went first and no one was particularly interested in the orange ones (except me!!)... Gingerists!

Hahaha, I've never understood the black cat thing either, and I've always really loved them. Then again my birthday is on the 13th (many friday birthdays haha) and I've never put much stock into any superstition because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxy View Post
Ps i forgot to say that your new kitty looks very cute and sweet

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarksgirl View Post
beautiful kitty. I just adopted 2 black girl kitties because I was told that they are the hardest to adopt out, people are either superstitious or treat them badly and then they have problems. My wonderful cat Bailey just passed away and was an FIV kitty, I wanted to pay it forward for my wonderful times with him by helping these girls have a chance.
That's so awesome of you, taking in those two girls. I'm sorry about Bailey but at least you the two girls to help you! I think that from now on, I'll never not have a cat, since Keona came into my life and showed me how great they are.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Cat

Beautiful! And yay for black kitties I always lean towards black animals when I look at them. I have two black kitties, and I am pretty sure I am now *luckier*
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Kitten

Black kitties are beautiful and in some other countries they are actually said to be good luck, so you can tell them that.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Tom Cat

That's awesome of you to take her in! I'm in the black cat fan group too

When I got my kitty from the shelter, he was the last of his litter (all of them were non-black kitties), and was about to be 'displaced' as their were so many cats in the shelter. So, naturally I couldn't leave without the litte guy! Best decision ever!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page