Little Bear - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Little Bear

I was messing around, taking pictures of my kitten, Bear, and this one is so cute I just had to post it! (Please ignore the little speck of food on his ear... he's very enthusiastic about eating, and sometimes I miss a piece!) :-D On another note, anyone have any tips for avoiding eye-shine in pics? In most of the shots I get of him, his eyes are glowing like he's some kind of little furry alien...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	little bear bear.JPG
Views:	1037
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	4813  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Jr. Cat

Super cute!! I've found that my cats photograph best in good lighting, no flash. Good luck!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 01:26 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
He's so cute!! How old is he?

----------
Renée
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 07:39 AM
Jr. Cat

Bear is adorable! The only way to get eyes to look natural is to turn off the flash. To do this, you will need to take the photos in a well lit area. Try taking a photo of Bear using natural light from a window or a door. Try to position him where he is facing the window to get the maximum amount of light into his eyes. Hope this helps!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 08:06 AM
Jr. Cat

Sooo cute... I have yet to get a decent photo of my very fidgety kitten! Xxx collar matches fur perfectly!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by minikin44 View Post
On another note, anyone have any tips for avoiding eye-shine in pics? In most of the shots I get of him, his eyes are glowing like he's some kind of little furry alien...
I posted on this the other day. If you're going to use flash, don't shoot directly into the eyes as there's a sort of mirror at the back of a cat's eyes that will reflect the light straight back at the camera lens. Shoot at an angle and the light willl bounce off in the opposite direction. Experiment until you get the idea.

JusJim
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Thank you everyone! Bear Bear has me wrapped around his finger haha. He had a severe parasitic infection when I got him (he was born to a feral mother and I didn't get him until he was at least 2 months old; the people I got him from who live near the colony were unsure exactly when he was born) and he had rampant diarrhea so bad that it scalded the fur off his butt, ankles, and the base of his tail, and I was giving him multiple baths a day... after all of that you can't help but be attached, haha. The vet was not positive about him living but thank God he made it... he's a little fighter! Based on developmental markers, I think he's about 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 months old, but he's really small as the parasites stunted his growth. Thank you for the suggestions about the flash. I have tried not using it in the past and my pictures are super blurry, so I may just need a nicer camera. :-/ Not on the top of my list unfortunately, seeing as little bits has seen the vet probably 8 times in the month and a half I've had him! Jusjim, I tried taking pictures from all sorts of angles, and ended up with multiple bad pictures of different angles of the eye flash... is there a specific angle you use?
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Oh, and Delders, thanks! I'm so excited that he can finally wear the collar... he was too small until about a week ago. Yay for progress!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 06:00 PM
Premier Cat

Bear is adorable. I have found that things like cleaning up diarrhea multiple times does create a bonding situation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Jr. Cat

For photography angles, just try to get him facing light from a window or a door. He doesn't have to be facing it perfectly as this will give some dimension to the photo. The great thing about digital photography is it doesn't cost anything but your time to give it a try. Also, try holding a toy or treat in one hand to hold his attention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page