Foster/Rescues - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Foster/Rescues

Do you foster or volunteer? Lets see your past and present fosters or favorite cats at the shelters!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Tom Cat

You've had lots! I just started fostering, I have two right now, Payton and Bonney.

Payton

Bonney
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Payton is beautiful!! Fostering is fun, I grew up in rescue and those photos are just from the last year. In total I've fostered close to 100 cats in the past 9 years and even more dogs. I'm only 22 so I've been fostering since I was 13 years old. I've actually decided to stop for a few months and possibly a year with fostering because after almost a decade I need a break! The best part is when they go to their new homes. I hope your two fosters get adopted soon! I started as high school service hours but it became a passion. What made you want to foster?

Last edited by marie73; 09-06-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Tom Cat

I got started when I came across a craigslist post for a partially paralyzed kitten. I wanted to help but knew I couldn't afford the extensive vet bills, so I contacted a few rescue groups. One got back to me and said they would pay the bills if I could foster, but someone else ended up getting the kitten before me. The rescue kept in contact with me and said they were desperate for fosters, so I ended up taking one, then another.

I thought I would really want to keep them, but when I see the listings of cats in boarding waiting for fosters and cats in shelters waiting for slots in boarding, it motivates me to find them homes. There are a couple more I would really like to foster after these.

Eta, Payton is gorgeous but she bites me alot! I think she's just playful, she's only 1 y/o, but I've never had a biter before.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Its very hard sometimes to let them go but if we kept them all then we'd either have hoarding situation or get to a point without space for fosters! In the past two years I added two cats permanently to my home. I have four permanent cats total and it's my limit! They are trying to outlaw TNVR in my county as well, so we've been taking in a lot of feral kittens in attempt to tame and find homes for them. The ones that don't tame up are TNVR'd with a good luck and lots of crossed fingers.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Cat

Beautiful cats!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Senior Cat

My little Bear

I got my first two cats from a vet and a PetSmart adoption center, but my kitten, Bear, is my first real rescue... he was born to a feral momma who is only friendly when pregnant or nursing. He has gone from a tiny thing with a huge belly (getting a bath b/c he was having constant diarrhea... the vet thought he wasn't going to make it the second night we had him) to a healthy, energetic kitten I've had him a little over a month and a half now and am so proud of my little boy! :-D
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bear bath.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	4829  

Click image for larger version

Name:	bear beginning of sept 2012.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	4830  

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 12:18 AM
Cat Addict

My favourite is hard to pick at the sanctuary of over 700 cats... but, I think a one of favorites has to be:

Bella! Always wanting to play and has such personality. Has FeLV and is missing most of her teeth due to that, but otherwise is hanging in there really well; she's had it for several years. I seriously think with her winning personality she'd be adopted if it wasn't for the peeing and pooping where she shouldn't... which might be due to her being declawed. Grr. One time I caught her diving under a rug! There was this big blob under there moving around that other cats wanted to investigate... so funny! Another time I caught her on her back, all four legs up, kneading the air and meowing. The. Cutest. Thing. Ever. She loves jumping under the covers as I try putting blankets over things and wants to ride on my shoulders. She also has the sweetest little meow.

There's a few others I really adore (Panther & Merlin to name two others... sadly a few others I really cared for are no longer with us) but I'll leave it at that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

Last edited by Carmel; 09-08-2012 at 12:22 AM.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Premier Cat

Oh my gosh, all these photos were so fun to look at. Great job everyone! What a difference you all made! More! more! photos plz
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Premier Cat

Two of my many favorite photos of fosters.

For those who foster several cats at a time that bowl was
a life saver at feeding time. Instead of a bunch of dishes,
its only one bowl to clean up when theyre done!

Slumber party time!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page