I made a kitty throne - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I made a kitty throne

I had this window perch, it was very cheap at garden ridge but I had a hard time getting it on the window. It shifted once when someone jumped on it, and I guess that someone spread the word, because it hadn't been touched since.

Anyway, I took all the mounting stuff off the bottom and set it on an old dresser, and now it's popular.

This was last night:

And this morning:

Everyone wants a turn:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Cool Cat

Where are the crowns for the kings and queens?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Senior Cat

It's all about location, LOL! I often advise someone who is disappointed that their cat hasn't used a new bed or tower to move it somewhere else and try again.

I'm sure your cats are happy that you figured this out for them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetimesfour View Post
It's all about location, LOL! I often advise someone who is disappointed that their cat hasn't used a new bed or tower to move it somewhere else and try again.
When I had Zenobi I bought her a bed which she immediately took charge of. Then she didn't use it and preferred to sleep on the bed in the second bedroom. I took the bed in there wondering if she'd prefer that. She got quite angry and I put it back where it had been before.

JusJim
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjim View Post
When I had Zenobi I bought her a bed which she immediately took charge of. Then she didn't use it and preferred to sleep on the bed in the second bedroom. I took the bed in there wondering if she'd prefer that. She got quite angry and I put it back where it had been before.
Well that's different. She'd already given it her stamp of approval where it was. Just because she wasn't using it for a little while didn't mean it needed to be moved, as you found out.

I'm talking about things that are new to the cats, or in the case of the OP, something the cats had a bad experience with, so they don't trust it any more.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Senior Cat

My cat Tugs used his bed when it was on top of my mini-fridge in my college apartment... ever since I moved (over 3 years now) he's refused to use it! He'd rather lay in/on a cardboard box or on the floor... go figure! lol
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Premier Cat

You know they have been trying to tell you about this for months. You just think it was a brilliant idea on your part (which it was, actually). Glad that everyone is happy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie View Post
You know they have been trying to tell you about this for months. You just think it was a brilliant idea on your part (which it was, actually). Glad that everyone is happy
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Jr. Cat

Aww they both look so regal, haha! Too cute. Glad they're putting the perch to good use!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Geez, are my pictures sideways again? They were right on photobucket. Keeps doing that.

Thanks for looking!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page