Here's Wintressia! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Here's Wintressia!

Hi everyone :}

Many of you have probably already seen the picture of my cat, Wintressia, in my signature image. And many of you have probably read my posts about her. But, I realized that I haven't properly introduced her yet.

I was 16 when my cousins brought Win over as a tiny little kitten. I actually wasn't home at the time - I was babysitting my best friend's three cousins. One of the little girls suggested "Victoria", as in the Spice Girl. (This was immediately vetoed.) I can't remember the exact timeline of events, but at one point, I whipped out my laptop, signed onto dial-up AOL (cringe), and asked my online friend Rav for name ideas. We were both pretty big fantasy nerds at the time (we roleplayed dragon characters online, for crying out loud), and he suggested "Wintressia". I think he pretty much just made it up on the spot, but I thought it was awesome to the max (I was 16, remember).

So, "Wintressia" stuck. It's pronounced "Win - tress - ee - uh", with the emphasis on the second syllable. However, I usually just refer to her as Win, Win-Win, Grayfur, Box, Face, El Cat, or "You little $%@#$!".

It's pretty amusing to listen to the receptionist at the vet try and pronounce Win's full name whenever they call to remind me it's time for her vaccinations. I'm sure they all think I'm insane and/or a hippie for having a cat named Wintressia. (Nearly everyone seems to overlook the "i" and call her "Wintressa".)

Then again, I probably sound insane to my neighbors when they hear me in the backyard, apparently screaming "WIN! WIN! WIN!"

Now onto the photos :}

DISCLAIMER: I apologize in advance for the ... monochromatic nature of the photos ;} Win is entirely gray, so photos of her tend to be... a little un-colorful. There are also going to be a TON of photos. I'm a total shutterbug :x

First, here are a few kitten photos. I wish I had more, but this was back in 1998, and there were no digital cameras yet. My dad also tended to hide the camera film rolls from me once he realized that 90% of all the rolls he took to be developed were pictures of my pets... >_>

The tuxedo in the background is my beloved first cat, Kaz. Shortly after I got Win, my next-door neighbors moved away and literally stole Kaz and took him with them. I was just a kid, and I've never really gotten over it or forgiven them :/

Kaz and Win got along GREAT! >_>;

The instant after this photo was taken, Kaz reached a paw out and punched Win in the face. Also, I replaced my friend's face with an attractive blue square because I don't know if he wants his photo on the internets. For those interested, it's my friend Rav in the photo, my internet-friend who helped name Win in the first place.

She gets a bath every two weeks. Before you condemn me as the feline devil, I have consulted my vet extensively about the baths, and showed her the feline-specific shampoo I use. I have been bathing Win regularly for years, and she has zero skin problems that everyone says will crop up the second you touch your cat with water.

She even has her own snuggly terrycloth robe to wear after a bath! Just look at that cute face. She's plotting my death.

"Tonight, you die."

She just loves her nice warm sweater! ...not.

*BONUS FEATURE!* Ancient photos of Kaz, my first cat. His full name was Kazarothien James-Joseph Skandranon Rashkae Sheean III. He was the perfect childhood cat - patient, tolerant, and he would come when called. I still miss him, even though it's been over 14 years since my neighbors stole him when they moved.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by LakotaWolf; 09-18-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Cool Cat

Wow what story! Win is has great facial expressions. So sorry about Kaz being catnapped by your neighbors. Do you have videos too?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Premier Cat

Win is stunning. I love, love gray kitties (just check my sig for proof..lol) and Win is a great example of the color.

I am sorry about Kaz. People can be heartless some times.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 11:44 PM
Tom Cat

Do you know for sure your neighbors took her? Why? Very curious, that's down right horrific! My sweet Hermione is a grey tortie and I just adore her. She has all the attitude I see in your Winn's expressions. Too cute.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I do know the neighbors did it for sure, because a few weeks after they moved (to New Jersey), they sent me a letter in the mail that said "We're sorry, but we loved Kazzy so much that we had to take him with us. Besides, you have a new kitten and puppy to replace him!"

I was 16, and they were middle-aged adults :/

Now that I'm older and the world is a different place culturally, I know that my family probably could have pursued some kind of minor legal case against them (essentially theft of property), but we weren't a litigious family and it never occurred to us then.

I'm just still kind of saddened by it all these years later, because I don't even know when Kaz died.

On a happier note! I do have videos of Win - but quite a few of them are on my iPhone, and for some reason when I copy them over to my computer, they are oriented sideways even though my phone was rightside-up when I took them >_> I think I can rectify the issue for sure with a paid copy of Quicktime, but I'm going to look into some other possible ways of re-orienting a video taken on an iPhone.

I have one great video of Win goose-stepping around in her orange sweater, but my boyfriend can be seen in the background, in his boxers, and I'm pretty sure he would defecate rectangular masonry if I posted it ;}

Here are a couple of videos I've managed to re-orient!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Tom Cat

Win is beautiful. I'm sorry about how you lost Kaz. Your ex-neighbors shouldn't have just taken Kaz (it was very wrong) but he must have meant a lot to them and I'm sure they gave him a good life.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Senior Cat

I love Win! I think Bear will look something like her when he grows up. Your neighbors should be ashamed for stealing your cat... They're lucky your family is peaceful; mine would have shown up on their doorstep with the letter and the cops.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

WIN JUST LOVES HUGS.

Default position and behavior if anyone steps into the kitchen for ANY reason.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Kitten

beautiful cats win is lovely im so sorry kaz was stolen..... people just cant keep thier hands off peoples property.."thou shall not steal".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page