Meet my kitties :) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Meet my kitties :)

Hi all!

I can't wait to see and hear about everyone's kitties!

Here are my two babies...

Bodhi - he is 11 years old, but I adopted him when he was 8 yrs old. He is the biggest love-bug ever!! He loves nothing more than to head-bonk and be held and petted. I don't think he has a mean bone in his body! I absolutely adore him!

Clair - she is 5 months old. I just got her a few weeks ago, and she has certainly livened up the house!! She is playful, happy-go-lucky, and VERY sweet! She's a big purr-baby, too. What's even better is that it seems like she's taken years off Bodhi's life... he is running through the house acting like a little kitten! I was hesitant to get a young kitten with him being an older cat, but it has worked out great!

I'm totally in love with both my kitties!

Candace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Premier Cat

Aww, they're adorable! Bodhi looks positively regal, and Clair looks like she's got the softest and silkiest fur.

I'm partial to brown tabbies too - though one of mine seems to be more of a redhead, and the other is part brown tabby part silver.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Tom Cat

Pretty kitties! I have two brown tabbies too, one of mine is about 50% white though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 02:48 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

thank you to both of you!! Yes, Bodhi does look quite regal in his photos. He's my Zen cat... I chose a new name for him because of his loving and totally docile nature and he has definitely lived up to it! Clair's fur is VERY soft and silky! It is a bit on the oily side, but I comb her every few days and use a bit of Fuller's Earth behind her ears and on her neck where it gets more oily looking. I think a lot of the oil is actually from my hands where I am always scratching her there! haha

Both of you have such sweet looking kitties! I love tabbies so much... with white, without, doesn't matter to me really! I love them all. Of course, all cats are beautiful in their own way!

Candace
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 04:03 AM
Premier Cat

What a perfect match. They sound like a cute fur family. I love those fur tuft on Clairs ears. Bless you foreign adopting an older cat too.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 05:47 AM
Senior Cat

What beautiful kitties! I've never owned a longhair, but every time I see one, I am filled with awe and joy :}

If you use a mild cat shampoo, it is possible - and NOT dangerous - to bathe oily cats ;} My elderly fuzzball is 1/2 outdoors cat, and she gets incredibly filthy and has an oily coat. I bathe her every 2 weeks, and although it's a bit traumatic for her at the time, she spends less time trying to lick off all her fur. ;}

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts & Tess View Post
What a perfect match. They sound like a cute fur family. I love those fur tuft on Clairs ears. Bless you foreign adopting an older cat too.
Thank you! Yes, lynx tips are my fave part of Maine Coons! And yes, adopting Bodhi was the BEST decision I've ever made. He is a very special, wonderful cat... i believe we were meant to be together!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakotaWolf View Post
What beautiful kitties! I've never owned a longhair, but every time I see one, I am filled with awe and joy :}

If you use a mild cat shampoo, it is possible - and NOT dangerous - to bathe oily cats ;} My elderly fuzzball is 1/2 outdoors cat, and she gets incredibly filthy and has an oily coat. I bathe her every 2 weeks, and although it's a bit traumatic for her at the time, she spends less time trying to lick off all her fur. ;}

Thank you for your sweet compliments. I do love long-haired cats. They feel very different to pet versus a short-hair. My sis has a short-hair tabby and her fur is very soft, but it just feels different!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page