Lucy - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Lucy

Hi folks! My wife and I brought home our Lucy 2 weeks ago. A little bit about her. She is a very pretty tuxedo, she is 14, declawed on all 4 (we are not sure when it happened), very talkative, and a gargantuan 17lbs. Twice a big as our little Angel. She actually topped out at 27lbs!

She was born a feral and the biggest of the litter. In her youth she traveled in a motor home all over the West. When things went downhill with the owner she was confined in a small area. Her back feet were matted into her coat so she could barely move. She was dominated by her sister and couldn't even use the litter box. Bad times.

So she was taken in by an adoption house run by some awesome people here in Seattle. She was there for over two years when we met her. She adopted us and stole our hearts right away.

So far she seems to like her new home. As was with Angel, Lucy is a different cat out of the adoption house. Playful and a real blabbermouth. She loves being petted and purrs like a locomotive. Just a very lovable thing.

Unfortunately our little Angel is not taking things too well right now. Angel has the run of the house and Lucy is in an introduction room. More on the introduction process later (and questions!) and more pics also, but here is one pic of our new girl. (She will be on my sig. when I get a second )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We will never forget you Kitty. Welcome home Angel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Nan
Cool Cat

She's beautiful! Hope the intro goes smoothly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Tom Cat

Pretty Kitty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Premier Cat

Wow, she's lucky to have found a forever home after 2 years at the shelter! And I think it's great that you adopted a senior cat.

Love the little white paws. If she weighs 17 pounds, you took a very flattering photo.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Tom Cat

Pretty girl! Looks just like my foster Payton:

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
Wow, she's lucky to have found a forever home after 2 years at the shelter! And I think it's great that you adopted a senior cat.

Love the little white paws. If she weighs 17 pounds, you took a very flattering photo.
She is long and very solid. I should have something in the pic for comparison. Picking her up though - wowzers - like I mentioned our little Angel is only around 9 lbs. Big difference!

We will never forget you Kitty. Welcome home Angel.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 04:12 AM
Premier Cat

Lucy is beautiful. She is so lucky to have been adopted by you. She really must think she is in heaven.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Premier Cat

Congrats on adopting Lucy! She's a beautiful girl. I have a 16-pounder myself, so I know what it's like to pick them up. I like them solid anyway.

Holly and Murphy
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Senior Cat

She's absolutely stunning!! Don't worry, she and Angel will at least come to a truce, even if they are never bffs. It just may take time and patience.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
Pretty girl! Looks just like my foster Payton:

wow! it's maggie here (chuck72's wife) they DO look alike! they both have those big feet and paws. he looks like a big guy, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page