Squeek, aka Piggy Panda Kitty, strikes! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Squeek, aka Piggy Panda Kitty, strikes!

Squeek is well known here for stealing Lickorish's food and begging at the table, even on meatless Monday, and has earned the moniker 'Piggy Panda Kitty'. Today I brought a baguette home from the market, which we sliced up and had in the living room while we watched football. Squeek jumped up to her usual spot on the couch, that just happened to be next to the tray of sliced bread. Next thing I know she's licking the bread and trying to take a bite of it! I know kitties are designed to be carnivores, but what would happen if she ate some bread? And why would she even think it would be tasty for her???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Cool Cat

Cats do have amylase which is a starch converting enzyme. No harm will be done.

I am reminded yet again of Zenobi. I was eating bread and peanut butter when she asked for some. I put a little on my finger and offered as I told her she wouldn't like it. She took a lick at it and, as peanut butter will do, it stuck to her mouth. Well she went through similar contortions to a human in that condition, but what surprised me was that she came back for another lick. She never asked again, though.

Squeek looks to be a smart cat.

JusJim
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Cat

What kind of meat is it? If you give your kitty alittle bit it well not hurt.

My dad (cutie lives with my dad and we both take care of her etc.) gave cutie some steak and she ate it mind you it was a very small piuce of it. I do think cutie thinks she is human do to her trying to eat what we eat etc. I know from reading the cat books that l have they can eat some human foods but l'm not sure witch ones they can have etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

she gets small bits of people-meat, usually chicken but sometimes beef or lamb, from time to time. I was concerned about her eating bread, which she has now taken a liking to. Seems to be ok to give her a little bit.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 03:35 AM
Jr. Cat

My Ruby once ate a little bit of toast I'd left on a plate, it didn't do her any harm. She also licks up any bread or cake crumbs if I don't wipe them up immediately. I'm sure it's not exactly good for her, but a lot of cat food has cereals and stuff in it so it probably wouldn't be that bad for her to eat a little bit of it occassionally.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 12:18 AM
Premier Cat

Wow, your kitty has transformed a baguette into two steaks.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

didn't get a picture of her stealing the baguette, but had that older one when she tried to steal the lambchops
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Cat

Mine will eat just about anything if I let them....fruit, salad, vegetables, bread, rice crackers, nuts, WINE.....you name it, they'll eat it if they can. Adore cheese.

I have to hide fruit and nut mixes from them....I have to hide EVERY food from them.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Senior Cat

I have to put Yoshi in another room if I'm trying to eat pizza... there's just something about that aroma that makes him crazy! The little bugger will jump right up in my lap and try to get my plate...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdoptAnAngel View Post
Spirite...lol. Maybe baguette--> steak is the water-->wine of the cat world.
Well, baguette is also the French word for a wand (as in magic). Maybe as Squeek was swiping the baguette, it transformed into a wand, which transformed itself into lamb chops.

Or maybe I just need more sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page