Kitten High on Catnip - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Senior Cat

lol.... I'm lovin' this new Leo kid. He's fun to have around.

We have switched over from loose catnip to the catnip cigars and the boys love'm. No mess on the carpet, and they aren't ingesting carpet fibers.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Senior Cat

My girls love their catnip cigar and banana. Squeek especially goes nuts over catnip, Lickorish not so much. First time I gave Squeek loose catnip (put it in her cat cube), she went completely wild and got slobber all over her face...also tore some holes in the cat cube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Senior Cat

I love the sideways walk hahaha... watch out though, catnip makes one of my cats mean!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

lol! Where do I get catnip cigars? What are those? I've never heard of them before...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Jr. Cat

Oh my goodness! So cute!

I bought my boy some high-quality catnip a few years ago for his birthday but stopped giving it to him after his behavior freaked us out!

He'd slam his nose into it and make audible "huffing" sounds - deep, satisfying breaths. Aww, who am I kidding? He looked like he was snorting drugs....

A few minutes later we'd find him laying around the house somewhere, totally lethargic, but content as could be, purring, little specs of drool down his chin, and tell-tale sprinkles of catnip on his nose. He'd lay like that for...practically forever. If the nip wore off, he'd go back and sniff some more and find a nice spot to pass out.

What a junkie! haha!

I'd like to know what the catnip cigars are as well! Are they not very messy? I'm sure my boy would love to have his "drug of choice" back in the house but I'd like something that he couldn't actually sniff up his nose! Little toys and such have no effect on him. Its weird, he's like the extreme either way - not interested, or a complete whacko in need of intervention!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 07:17 AM
Senior Cat

We get ours at our cat doctor. Someone locally makes them I believe, and they are in all sorts of colors and very durable. However, if you google catnip cigar there are all kinds of them out there in the world. Maybe at the pet stores, too?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Cat

That was funny. Just to share I grow catnip in pots on the patio during the summer. It grows well and I would pick a few leaves every day. Binky loved that.

tamara
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgiepooh View Post
Oh my goodness! So cute!

I bought my boy some high-quality catnip a few years ago for his birthday but stopped giving it to him after his behavior freaked us out!

He'd slam his nose into it and make audible "huffing" sounds - deep, satisfying breaths. Aww, who am I kidding? He looked like he was snorting drugs....

A few minutes later we'd find him laying around the house somewhere, totally lethargic, but content as could be, purring, little specs of drool down his chin, and tell-tale sprinkles of catnip on his nose. He'd lay like that for...practically forever. If the nip wore off, he'd go back and sniff some more and find a nice spot to pass out.

What a junkie! haha!

I'd like to know what the catnip cigars are as well! Are they not very messy? I'm sure my boy would love to have his "drug of choice" back in the house but I'd like something that he couldn't actually sniff up his nose! Little toys and such have no effect on him. Its weird, he's like the extreme either way - not interested, or a complete whacko in need of intervention!
Your comment actually made me Lol!!! I'm just sitting here picturing a cat with drool on him lol!!!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I wonder if you can steep catnip as tea and drink it? I drink a lot of tea, and would love to feel the way my cat does when he gets ahold of it lol...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page