Meet Merlin and Guinevere - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Meet Merlin and Guinevere

I am going to try to post pictures, and hopefully I get it right!

Anyway, I adopted my kitties near the end of August this year. They are twins (but don't look it!), and they were born approximately February 15th, 2012.

Merlin (seen below) is an orange tabby. He is very loveable, and is ALWAYS purring. In fact, all I have to do is pet his sister, and he starts to purr because he knows he's next. He is playful, and can make a toy out of anything (and is a bit destructive as a result). He has a mischievous streak, and is probably the clumsiest kitty I know, but he can always make me laugh.

Guinevere (seen below) is known more by her nickname, Guinny. It took her about a month to warm up to me, but now she is very attached to me. I never thought she would be a lap cat, but she is always snuggling up to me, and sleeping on me. It turns out, she is quite the little purrer as well. She is also playful. She is very colourful with different patterns all over her body, and she is a torbie kitty.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Cat

And a few more pictures of my babies:

Guinny:

Merlin:

Sometimes they (play) fight:

But in the end, they still love each other:

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Kitten

Very cute!

I love the contrast in colors too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you! I liked them about them as well. When I adopted them they were in a room with all their siblings (and one non-related similar-aged "cousin"), and they were all orange like Merlin. I picked Merlin because he snuggled up with me the most, and then I knew I was taking Guinny because she was so different. So glad I picked them both--they are such wonderful kitties!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 02:38 AM
Premier Cat

They're so sweet!! Merlin looks like he has little tufts of fur in his paws - does he? or are his paws just very furry? Guinny has such big, innocent eyes!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Premier Cat

They are so very cute!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks everyone! I love the big hug in the last picture too! They have their moments, but overall they really do love each other--they were a good match to get as a set.

Both kitties are "Domestic Medium Hair". I am not quite sure what fur tufts are, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he has. Guinny's are actually more prominent, you just can't see them that well in the pictures. They are like clusters of fur between each finger that are longer than the paw itself (is that what a fur tuft is?)

Edit: You can see what I am talking about with Guinny in the picture where she is sitting on the window sill.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Premier Cat

Yes, that's what I meant by tufts. I hadn't noticed it in the pic of Guinny before. It's just so cute.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Premier Cat

What gorgeous kitties!! I'm a fan of the orange boys myself, and Guinny's coloring is absolutely gorgeous. I don't think I've ever seen a cat that looks exactly like her . . . she's a unique character.

Holly and Murphy
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
I am SO in love with your kitties. They are GORGEOUS and I just love their names. All you need now is a Lancelot and an Arthur. lol!!

----------
Renée
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page