Meet Ramona - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Meet Ramona

So, as I've said before, I want to introduce all of my kitties to you (I have six) so far I have introduced Sampson, Luigi & Eechy... and now here is Ramona.

When we bought our house last year (July 25th, 2012) the first thing I wanted to do was foster cats - I had reached out to a local rescue & they had 5 kittens that needed a foster home. Ramona was apart of that group.. her and her siblings were dropped off in October, and they got fixed and were placed up for adoption.

Before they were actually available for adoption (This was when I only had 3 other cats) I told Mike (my other half) that I wanted to keep one.. it was between Ramona and her sister Rascal (who is now named Misty) Mike chose Ramona, and I am NOT disappointed by that choice.

There was just something about her, besides the fact that she is absolutely beautiful.

My mom adopted Rascal even though she isn't even really a cat person - she absolutely loves her kitten and it's nice that we have sisters. <3 She changed her kitties name to Misty. (:

One of my favorite stories & memories of Ramona is simply the night we decided to bring her upstairs and with our other babies. She literally went on our bed and didn't leave the WHOLE night. She was purring non-stop. To the point where she woke me up in the middle of the night with her purring - because she was clearly SO happy. <3

Here are some pictures of Ramona, as a kitten.

Some adult pictures of her, she is about a year old now..

I tell my boyfriend that she is his cat, but really she sleeps with me all throughout the night, most nights. <3 She is one independent kitty, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Premier Cat

Danielle, Another very pretty girl! She's got an expressive face! I can see why you fell in love with her! !

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Cat

Very pretty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 AM
Tom Cat

I am partial to the calicos even though I've never lived with one! What a cutie Great story too!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Tom Cat

Such a cute kitty ,love those ears. lol.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

She is my first calico and from what I hear they have a 'cattitude,' she is very expressive and is such a sweet cat, though she doesn't like to be held TOO long, and she mostly just does her own thing. She makes me so happy when she decides to sleep with me - which she has mostly been doing lately. (:

It's also very funny to see because her and my big orange tabby boy Boogey are what I call 'double-trouble' they are almost ALWAYS together. Maybe not cuddling but they're always laying down near one another, or taking turns doing something bad.. lol!

Last night Ramona was in her usual spot laying down really close to me, and Boogeyman was laying ONTOP of me.
Don't you just hate when you're really uncomfortable but you don't want to move bc you just want to cuddle them all night?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Cool Cat

Ramona! <3 She's such a beautiful kitty! Her disproportionately large kitten ears are adorable; in fact all of her kitten self is cavity-inducing! And, she's gorgeous now! I'm not surprised that she's one half of "double-trouble", she looks like a cheeky kitty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover Danielle View Post
Last night Ramona was in her usual spot laying down really close to me, and Boogeyman was laying ONTOP of me. Don't you just hate when you're really uncomfortable but you don't want to move bc you just want to cuddle them all night?
Ugh, yes. Cosette is like a furry little furnace, and she insists on sleeping on me when she sleeps on the bed. I'm the only person Cosy's affectionate with though because she bonded to me as a kitten, so I don't want to discourage her. Lol, actually I had to grab the laundry basket out of my parents' room this morning, while my mom was still asleep, and she had 20 lb. Dante on her arm and Galileo was on her pillow right up against her head, sleeping on her hair. Leo sleeps like that often, which is so much fun, let me tell you. Blearily opening your eyes, and turning your head to look at your alarm clock--only you can hardly turn your head because there's a big fat cat cuddled right up against the top of your head. And now he's whapping you in the face and chewing on your hair because you stupidly moved your head, and it drew his attention to your hair twitching across the pillow.

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I absolutely love sleeping with my babies and cuddling with them, it just makes me SO happy. Boogeyman is around 14lbs of pure solid CAT. He is my 'soul cat' as I call him, but he always has to sleep ON me.. and most of the time it's on my chest/stomach. I love him so much and hate to move and wake him. haha

Ramona is definitely quite a beautiful cat & she is unique.. atleast to me. She was definitely very very easy to fall inlove with. I really wanted her, but also had a connection with her sister Rascal, they were just so adorable and so sweet. Misty (fka Rascal) has it made with my mom.. being the only cat & my mom LOVES her, though she has to get used to the whole 'kitten-stage' and now 'teenage-stage' I guess you'd call it? LOL.

Emily - Your mom's arm must be KILLING her waking up after having a 20lb cat on her arm! haha. Poor lady! But it's SO funny when you wake up and the kitties are in different spots on your bed!
My boyfriend will sometimes say he wakes up and he thinks he's having a nightmare because our old man grumpy cat Eechy will be sitting on his end table staring him in the face. BAHAHA. I die laughing everytime Eechy does that to him. <3 (We secretly make those plans!)

Here is a happy picture of Ramona that makes my heart swoon, I love when they're happy & their faces show it.

And here Ramona is laying on one of the cat boxes that are spread around my house.. last night. She's a weirdo. ;p
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Cool Cat

Awwe, kitty smiles!

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Cat Addict

Beautiful kitty and most adorable kitten she was too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page