New cat tree! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

New cat tree!

For a few weeks I've been wanting to buy Smudge a cat tree, cos his little scratching post and bed just isn't high enough for him to observe us all :p He's a nosy kitty! And he's getting so big he needs a place to stretch and scratch.

So I've just purchased this from PetPlanet (On sale for 38.99 instead of 70!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByPG Free1379161345.372645.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	29570

Hopefully it'll arrive on Monday or Tuesday, so I'll need to post some pictures once its up! I hope Smudge likes it, but he loves being up high so I'm sure he will
It's 150cm, so just under 5ft tall
Is it sad I'm a bit excited haha?

Last edited by marie73; 09-16-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 08:55 AM
Cat

It's not sad at all! I'm wanting a cat tree pretty bad. My brother is supposed to be making me one but I've still been looking online because I'm impatient!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Cat Addict

I got happy when marshall pood for the first time hahahaha he was paper trained prior to me and hated litter

I want a tree too boos

Last edited by marie73; 09-16-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Leah: PetPlanet, Zooplus and Amazon all have great deals on cat trees!! My budget was 50 and they all had some really good choices within my budget, you should have a look!

Gizmo: Hahaha I get excited over every little thing Smudge does!! My mum referred to me earlier as a 'neurotic cat owner' :p I'm so excited to get the tree and see him enjoying it!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Kitten

We have a giant cat tree/apartment and I love seeing them use it. But cats will be cats and lay anywhere they please. I've noticed over the years that as the seasons change they shift around to different areas of the house depending on the season.

I've also observed that while we want them to lay in a fluffy/warm/soft spot they tend to love cool/smooth surfaces like on a cardboard box or glass top. All we humans can do is try to please.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Premier Cat

Nice set up! Hope you get to get it! The cats will love it.

Basically I hate the way cat trees look in a house. I have one though and they love it. But I bought IKEA brackets and am waiting on my SO to build some cool shelves for the cats.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Jr. Cat

Wow, sure beats the pants off of our cat tree! I also paid way more even with the store's discount card, boo. I especially love that fabric hammock on yours, looks comfy for a kitty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Me? Crazy?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts & Tess View Post
Nice set up! Hope you get to get it! The cats will love it.

Basically I hate the way cat trees look in a house. I have one though and they love it. But I bought IKEA brackets and am waiting on my SO to build some cool shelves for the cats.

ohhh me too ...i hate the look...BUT since ive been fixing up my apartment...the ladder has been out and they love it. gizmo is sleeping on it right now....they both like to be up on it....how can it take that away and not give a replacement??? i thought about the shelves too!!!! but im not handy...please show us the shelves when you get them up....they look so much neater!!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Awww krazykiwi those pics are great!!! I'm waiting patiently for ours to arrive but no sign yet I was hoping it'd be today, but I can't get my tracking info up so no idea when it'll arrive!

I will make sure to have my camera at the ready!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Tom Cat

NOT sad at all that you're excited - I'm excited for you! And for Smudge!!!!

When we first moved into our own home (we purchased our house last July [2012]) the first thing I wanted to do was buy a cat tree for my kitties, and I did! Sophie is queen on that thing, and Ramona, too.. they are on it the most. When Boogey goes on it it's JUST to play and you should see how crazy he is on it. I can't even believe the thing doesn't topple over with him running up it so fast.. all 14lbs of him. LOL! It scares me! He chases his tail on the very top platform.

I want to get another, but they're expensive. So I'm gunna save up.

Danielle & the seven meowzers.
Eechy, Boogeyman, Sophie, Ramona, Luigi, Sampson & Henry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page