Adopted out fosters Update! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Adopted out fosters Update!

We had our first batch of kittens born in our home this past April. Momma's name was Stella, she was a gray tabby.. and completely feral, but such a great Mom and a great cat to me, she NEVER went to attack me as long as I respected her space, which I did. Anyways, of course I was pretty attached to all of the kittens, since it was my first experience with babies and everything.. it just was and always is so special.

Needless to say, there was one that kind of 'chose' me as you'd say, and I was really trying to get my boyfriend to let me keep him, but he just wasn't going to have it... then shortly after he wanted to keep Sampson, but it's okay, it has worked out for all.

Little Luigi (named after my Luigi) was just SO sweet, always following me everywhere and cuddling with me for hours and hours, it was so sweet and he was definitely the hardest to let go. He went to the BEST possible home he could've ever gone to, and I am just SO happy with the outcome. I get pictures all the time, and yesterday I was just kind of down in the dumps... thinking about him and his brother (she adopted both) and asked if I could visit (When she originally adopted them she told me to visit anytime but I was just like noooo way I'm never going to but I changed my mind) Anyways, I went to visit today...
and I wanted to share some pictures of my sweeties. <3 I missed them so much.. but it's easier on me knowing and now seeing them where they are.

The white one is Luigi the tabby one is Roly Poly.. who is now named Bartholomew. haha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6381.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	29826  

Name:	IMG_6382.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	29834  

Name:	IMG_6384.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	29842  

Name:	IMG_6385.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	29850  

Name:	IMG_6393.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	29858  

Name:	IMG_6395.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	29866  

Name:	IMG_6400.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	29874  

Name:	IMG_6391.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	29882  

Name:	IMG_6397.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	29890  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Premier Cat

They look so happy and well! Bitter sweet time you must of had! I love the face on Luigi. Great job you did.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Oh when they left me originally it was so bittersweet. I was devastated ESP to say goodbye to my little Luigi. But now seeing them happy... It was all totally worth it though I still miss them and that's why I went to visit. It was so nice to see them !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 10:40 AM
Cat Addict

Ack! I love Luigi's nose. He's a cutie. It looks like they have a great loving home! I went to visit some of my former foster kittens and their big brother (who is 5) kept telling me to be very careful when I pet them and not to pet them too hard because they're babies. It was so cute.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Isn't it so awesome to follow up with them and see how they're doing? These guys have been gone since July 6th and I just miss them so much sometimes my heart aches, but it has dulled a little since... now I am just happy for them, but it's always going to be just so bittersweet. <3

Danielle & the seven meowzers.
Eechy, Boogeyman, Sophie, Ramona, Luigi, Sampson & Henry.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Cat Addict

It is very rewarding to see them in their new homes, but it can be sad too. I know I couldn't possibly keep them all because my older cats are very territorial. Another adopted Mom sends me videos of 2 of the kittens she adopted in February a lot. It's fun seeing them get to grow up. Most of mine come from shelters as kittens and they'd proabably be euthanized otherwise (my local shelter has a 60% kill rate ). So I'm just happy to see them happy and healthy!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Banned

How wonderful that you are allowed visitation rights!!! Gorgeous babies and what a wonderful thing you have done.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Cool Cat

Luigi and Bartholomew are looking great! It seems like their new family takes really good care of them. It's wonderful that you were able to visit them in their new home!

I know what you mean about adoptions being bittersweet, especially if you really bond with a particular cat. I miss Dinah quite a bit; she used to sleep cuddled right up against me every night when I was her foster mom. Her new mommy loves her so much though that I can't really be upset about the way things turned out. The older woman who adopted Dinah lived all by herself after the death of her last cat, and she was lonely without a kitty companion. She's so devoted to her cats, and she bends over backwards to accomodate Dinah's extreme pickyness, even though buying premium food is tough on her finances (I do try to help her out by buying her the occasional case of food for her--which gives me an excuse to visit!). I'm so happy to have been able to introduce her and Dinah, even though I still secretly wish Dinah was my kitty sometimes. I try to think of it like, the more cats I get adopted, the more I can help. It's still bittersweet sometimes though.

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Emily - It is TOTALLY so bittersweet. What breaks my heart the most is after Mike (my other half) didn't get too connected to Luigi I had to just kind of 'let him go' and I was telling myself that I was fine with it, and that if I could let him go then I could let ANY of them go. But the second I mentioned possibly keeping Sampson he jumped on it, so fast! He wanted to keep Sampson even though we totally said no more.. and I went through a real hard time when I had to let go of my sweet Little Luigi, he just chose me, and we had a bond.. a special bond. But it's okay, I KNOW he's in a wonderful home, and even though I know I take very good of my kitties and animals, I just KNOW that I can say he has it better there being spoiled as one of two and not one of six, and plus HE just gets to live his life with his brother forever, too. Theres nothing I get happier about. <3

Plus, who doesn't like visitation rights?
Sounds like Dinah got a wonderful home, too. <3 Glad you get visitations too. It's nice especially if you're especially attached. I have one foster mom who is like BEGGING me to come by and see the two sister cats she adopted. But, I just have been so busy. And I see tons of pics through facebook and to me thats enough, I'll probably go so she stops bugging me lol!

Danielle & the seven meowzers.
Eechy, Boogeyman, Sophie, Ramona, Luigi, Sampson & Henry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page