Introduction - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Introduction

Hi,

I am a cat lover and due to that have several in my care. Most of them were gotten to improve their life or to give them a chance. Two of mind however are adopted and in all my years it was the first time for me to adopt however I was drawn to them. Now to introduce my fuzzies as well , oh and all are spayed/neutered unless age doesn't allow or new intros to the group. Will post what pics I can. Not all kitties have pictures at the present.

Sonja - came to me via my dad who trapped her at his job before they did because he didn't want them to take her to animal control he wanted her to have a chance. She was a very wild child and pregnant. Now for me and my daughter she is okay and friendly but dislikes men in general it seems. After she had her kittens and was weaned she was spayed. Have had her since March of last year and she had her kittens in April. She had four kittens but sadly one was lost after weaning and another disappeared more recently and hasn't been found.

Bree - She was one of the kittens from Sonja. She is a very vocal cat with me. She always makes sure to talk to me when she comes in from outside and gets up in my face if I do not acknowledge her she is the queen of being not ignored lol.

Nyah - Another one of the kittens from Sonja. She is a very temperamental cat. Can have a very mean streak to her and for the most part dislikes attention, however she does enjoy me to pet her and spend time with her from time to time but she just isn't a lovey cat in general.

Diamond - She was a rescue, a couple of days after Sonja had the kittens I had taken my grandmother to the vet and someone brought in two kittens that a mama kitty had abandoned in her yard. They were maybe a day old. Knowing my mama had just given birth and was very good with the kittens I told her I could take them as I had a mama who would likely take them and if not I have experience with bottle feeding and raising kittens. Sadly the other kitten died after a couple of days but I think something was wrong with it as it was more vocal then Diamond was. Diamond is a very friendly cat, loves attention and has a spunky personality to her.

Max - I got him from my grandma a couple of years ago, would have to look up my records to determine exactly when. He is a poly-dactyl kitty and has tons of toes hehe. He is also our biggest cat here and is a big tank. However is a big sweetie but has an annoying habit of suckling on you, clothes or whatever when he is happy.

Sassy - I got him from my aunt. She had gotten sick and aunt couldn't take her the vet so I did. She was determined to have Feline Leukemia and a bad respiratory infection. She was given antibiotics and seemed better but when they ran out got sick again. I got worried her immune system was too compromised but by chance found a spot that didn't feel right on her tail but looked okay. It was a scab that was covered in hair so blended in found out then her tail was broke. How in the world that happened I don't know so back to vet who said I had cleaned it good and gave me antibiotics to put on it along with more oral antibiotics to help with possible infection while it healed.

Isaiah - He was an adopted cat. I got him a year ago now. Him and Sam were in a cage together at the vets office and I fell in love with them. Isaiah is big a lover boy and loves attention however is one of the alpha kitties around here so is only allowed inside at certain time frames to ensure no fighting goes on. Outside the kitties have their system as to who hangs where etc so there are no fights. Also helps they have two acres to roam along with some woods next door.

Sam - Is a sweet boy, my other adopted kitty. He also is a big cat but isn't on the chunkier side he is more fit and lean. He is one of my hunters and prefers to stay outside though does come in and soaks up lots of loves while he is in. Most everyone that sees him says he looks like a wild cat of some kind lol.

Buddy - I got him from a friend. Very sweet boy that loves to play and get attention. Very funky with his moods sometimes. He gets these haha you can't get me now modes going on. Still young so has the kitten playfulness.

Karma - Someone dumped her on our porch as a kitten. Went outside on the porch to feed the outside kitties and there she was. Scooped her up and brought her in. Poor girl was scared. She settled down pretty quick though and has become Buddy's best friend since I ended up with both of them about the same time and they were around the same age. She isn't very friendly with anyone but me and is very vocal about being let in or out when she wants.

Tom - Is a feral here that showed up. He is not neutered due to him being too feral and not able to be tamed down. He is way to aggressive. We trapped him and treated him for an abscess and being underweight. After being brought back up to health he was released outside again and now resides here. He is no longer aggressive with the other cats and has calmed down a lot. He continues to be healthy and eats well with the group.

Christina - Is a kitten I got from my mom for my daughter. She is a lovely tortoiseshell. She needed a good deworming and flea meds along with some weight. She was dewormed soon after getting her and put weight on quickly and is now a spunky kitten. She loves snuggles and playing.

Stray - Recently a stray that had been coming around off and on showed back up on our porch. Back in June was the last time I had seen him and he had a big abscess on the side of his neck along with hair loss on his face. The other day he showed up again and I opened the door to get a picture and this cat that normally runs when he sees you decided to come in the house. We put him in a cage and started treatment on him. He is underweight, mangy and at the moment looks ugly due to the crustiness from the mange and hair loss. However his appetite is good and is already on the mend. He eats a ton but he needs it so I am not complaining. He had his first treatment for the mange on Friday and gets his next treatment tomorrow. He is already feeling better and is a very loving and sweet boy. Once he is 100% assuming he isn't too old at the low cost clinic doesn't do neuter/spay past a certain age he will be neutered and also will get his rabies vaccination like all my fuzzies get. I still haven't gotten a name for him yet but hopefully one will come to me later lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Premier Cat

Wow, that is a lot of kitties! They all look so healthy and well taken care of. Thanks for helping all those feral and stray kitties. I love the individual stories. Welcome to the forum!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Cat Addict

Whoa. You have a lot of cats! They are all adorable. Sassy reminds me of a cat we used to have (who was a TROUBLE maker and got into everything).

Welcome to the forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thanks all My sassy isn't trouble she is a good girl. She is actually a very skittish girl though. She is usually only friendly with me, she use to be so loving in general but after her illness issues as a kit she got more leery of people. I know it is a lot of kitties as well lol. Sometimes I am like ugh why so many but then they remind me of why they are important to me. My neighbor says she has never seen cats anything like mine behavior wise because they love to follow me and talk to me. I can go for a walk a mile away and several will walk with me, even running when I run to keep up. They are all a spoiled bunch even the outside only kitties lol.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 08:42 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlordslegacy View Post
I can go for a walk a mile away and several will walk with me, even running when I run to keep up. They are all a spoiled bunch even the outside only kitties lol.
My husband goes on a walk every night. Our Nyska loves going on a walk with him. Over the years, we have had a few that we called the cat-dogs because of this behavior. I think it is pretty neat when cats do that.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Cat Addict

A neighbor of mine has a cat that goes on walks for them. I don't know if she "learned" it from the dog, but she'll prance right along with them. I think the dog is jealous because she doesn't have to use a leash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page