Foster Batch 5: Mom and 7 babies - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Foster Batch 5: Mom and 7 babies

Picked them up tonight from the shelter. They're about 2 weeks old. One runt. Mom is pretty tiny/skinny. I'm supplementing them with extra formula. If they can all get through the next two weeks, everyone should be fine. Fingers crossed for them.

Pics to come. Gotta go take care of the other 13 floating around here first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"In rescuing animals, I lost my mind but found my soul."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Tom Cat

7!?!?? Looking forward to the pics
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Yep, 7. 6 of them are black or mostly black, but randomly there's one mostly white one that looks like it'll darken into a siamese/pointed looking adult. Weird. Mom is black as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusworld21 View Post
Yep, 7. 6 of them are black or mostly black, but randomly there's one mostly white one that looks like it'll darken into a siamese/pointed looking adult. Weird. Mom is black as well.
There is always a rebel!
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Tom Cat

So many black kittens during the Halloween season will be fun to see! Will you do something to identify them (collars) or are you able to tell them apart? Our kittens came from a litter of 6 and 4 of them were black (2 boys/2 girls). The foster mom says that she couldn't tell them apart.
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Senior Cat

Ahh, so exciting! Can't wait for pictures, fingers crossed for all the babies!
post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Banned

Can't wait to see them! You are so great for fostering!!!
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 07:53 PM
Cat Addict

The single colorpoint is less of a mystery when I apply my dismal understanding of genetics... something about how if a black cat mates with a colorpoint, offspring are black, masking the fact that they were ever from colorpoint ancestry. However some may carry the colorpoint gene... so down the line, you could have two black cats mate with the recessive colorpoint gene and end up with a few color points mixed in the litter. Anyway, I think I kept that vague enough to kinda be accurate haha. I don't have a 100% full understanding of it.

Looking forward to pictures!

Along with the dogs
and
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Cat Addict

Whoa! 7 is a big litter! Bless you for taking them all in! It's always fun to see a family grow and their personalities develop. Hopefully many of them will get adopted together.
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Two of them have tabby-ish markings (white eyeliner, a few white stripes on the head, but are mostly black), one is kind of a brownish/grayish/black, one is the white and the other three I *think* I'll be able to tell apart based on various small features (one I saw for sure has a white spot on its chest, and I haven't looked to see boys vs. girls yet).

They had breakfast this morning and someone had got poo all over everyone else, which mom hadn't cleaned up, so I wet-wiped everyone off as I fed them. They're sooooo tiny and frail looking, but plenty feisty, so I'm really hoping everyone will do well.

I'm hoping not to have to do collars to tell everyone apart...I've never had to before with a batch. Trying to keep up my perfect record, lol.

Pics soon. Just got home and gotta feed everyone first.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page