Just another cat... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Just another cat...

Or is he? Everyone always asks me "what is he?" I always say he is just a cat. He is pretty social with people and dogs, but he hates other cats. He is not particularly big (10 lbs). I got him in January of 2011, and they estimated him to be about a year old.

This picture is from the first time I saw him. The father of a neighbor was going into a nursing home and we offered to take the cat to the shelter for them. It was kinda-sorta love at first sight, and I ended up keeping him. I don't even know what his name used to be, or where he came from before the man got him.

Within the next year, he lost his spots. That was fine, he was young when I got him. No surprise there.

I took him to college with me and made him an indoors only kitty. It was rough at first, but I hung bird feeders outside, gave him 5 cat trees, and got a dog friend for him to play with. He bonded well with us.

He also got darker again. No more spots, but definitely an interesting pattern. I have never seen that before, at least not in this color!

I moved again and was able to build him an outdoor enclosure. He goes "outside" whenever he wants now.

Him and the dog are still best buds.

Even "light" furniture is still dark next to him.

When he is happy and content, his second eyelids show and he drools. Kind of gross, and it freaked me out back in 2011, but now I know that is just how he is.

So now you have met Midas! My wonderful "just a cat".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Tom Cat

Midas is stunning. I love his markings, when he was younger he looks like a Bengal [only white] but he still has a shadow on his coat. So cute.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Cat Addict

Midas is amazing! what a lovely coat... what a lovely kitty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Premier Cat

What a handsome fellow!! I would probably make up some weird breed - something truly exotic!! He's an Upper Mongolian Spotted Juntia. Pronounce it "Hoon - ya". Your friends will be impressed.

yea, that drooling is really gross. There was a cat in Charleston SC that kind of a neighborhood cat but sort of adopted us when we moved in and decided my porch was just a great place to snooze. She would jump in my lap and drool puddles on my lap. At the time I had NO clue why she did it, and it grossed me out, but after awhile I figured she was just happy and content. She started my love affair with cats!! Her name was Emma, a fat tortie.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Senior Cat

Midas is adorable. Lovely story, that's the way you move with a pet! They are not disposable and moving is no excuse!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Cat Addict

What a handsome cat. I liked your story of how well you have made him a loving home and even got him a dog!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Cat Addict

He's gorgeous!

If you didn't get him directly from a breeder you can't really say what breed he is for sure...but the spots coming in and darkening/lightening makes me think he's got some siamese in him. The spots are acting like a siamese coat, darkening where it's cooler. They are just the parts that have the color-changing pigments.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Premier Cat

He is pretty awesome! Beautiful coloring!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Cat Addict

He's a beauty!!!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 10:12 PM
Cat

What a cutie pie

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Marlena
Zorro & Patches DSH

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page