Hi Everyone - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hi Everyone

Hi everyone,

I'm "OliPocket". I have 3 cats: Oli, Poko and Cobalt (Coby).

Oli is my original kitty - I have had him since the day he was born. In fact, I held him little more then 4-5 hours after his birth and have never let go since (figuratively of course!). He came in a litter of 4 kittens and was the only orange one. I had always said if there was an orange kitten born at my boyfriend's farm that she would be mine! I thought little Oli was a she for a week or so and had originally named "her" Lily, but upon further research discovered that "she" was a "he", and thus renamed him Oli. And yes, that's short for Oliver. He's a beautiful orange mackerel tabby with a white chest and spots of white on his paws. He is quite large - a healthy 14.5 lbs.

It just so happened that Oli's mother got around quite a bit and had already had many litters that had grown up themselves. A week before Oli was born, one of them that we had given away had her own kittens - another litter of 4. Unfortunately, when the second litter was 3 weeks old, the mother disappeared for good. Luckily, the adoptive family brought the 4 orphans to us in hopes that our Momma cat would take them in. And she did. These 4 kittens were her grandsons (all boys) and thus Oli's nephews.

Poko was an orphan and came to be ours simply because we couldn't let go of him. Drowning in 8 kittens, poor Momma cat couldn't keep up feeding and cleaning them all and rejected the weakest - Poko. In fact, we named him Poko after the Italian word pocco, meaning small. We had 2 extremely close encounters having to come between death and little Poko, but we most definitely won. We went through many sleepless nights making sure he survived and taking as much care of him as if he were a newborn human. With all the emotional trauma (and money) we spent on him, we became extremely attached to Poko and decided not to let anyone adopt him. So now we had 2 kittens for keeps. Poko has since grown up (slowly), and you would never know he was a runt from the looks of him now. He is an astonishingly handsome tuxedo cat, weighing in at a slightly pudgy 19 lbs.

And then there was Cobalt. Cobalt was an orphan as well. He had a twin we named Dodge too. They were both orange classic tabbies - and nearly identical. To be honest, in the beginning we felt as though we were stuck with Coby. When people came round to see the kittens for adoption, they saw 3 orange, 2 grey, 1 black, 1 tuxedo and 1 back and white classic. The most unique went first, and no one paid attention to the little orange balls of fur. Oli was not available anyway, but I suppose that seeing all the orange kittens seemed boring. In the end we had 3 orange and 1 tuxedo. We eventually found and friend of a friend who came and scooped up Dodge, but we never could find a home for Coby. I sincerely believe that this was fate. Coby has turned out to be the most loyal and loving of our 3 cats, and is honestly the most personable cat I have ever met. He is a MASSIVE classic orange mackerel tabby, and weighs in at a healthy 24 lbs. His markings are incredible, his coat is luxurious, and his personality wins over even the cat haters. When I bring him to the vet, everyone must see him! He's a real show stopper.

So that's my triple trouble - Oli, Poko and Coby. Not only are they family, but they are family themselves. Uncle Oli and his orphaned nephews. They are only a week apart (exactly), so they have grown up never knowing what it's like to not have playmates. They really do keep each other young! They are a year and six months now, and they still act like kittens half the time! They are so happy in our tight knit family. I don't know what my fiance and I wold do without them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Kitten

Send a message via Skype™ to HashBrown
Hey!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What you gonna do when I so cute? <3
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Cat Addict

Welcome to you and your 57 pounds of cats. We'd love to see pictures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 05:53 PM
Cat

Yes, we must get pics! They all sound so cute!! And welcome to the forum!!

☆ ☆ ☆
"time spent with cats is never wasted."
[
edgar | michonne | novalee | oliver | kosmo | pumpkin ] <--- my cats
[ grumpy | big poppa | lily | cj | peanut ] <--- my ferals
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thanks for the welcome guys!!

Here are the kittehs:

L-R: Coby and Oli:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1466.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	37097
As you can see, Coby is massive!

And here's baby Poko:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0982.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	37105
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page