Hello from Alabama - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Hello from Alabama

My name is Jennie and I currently have 2 rescue great danes, 6 rescue cats, a 17 yr old son, and a husband.

I came here looking for some information on canned food, but this forum seems pretty active, so I'm sure we'll stick around!

I currently feed my cats Wellness grain free kibble. We were doing raw (since my danes are raw fed) but in all honesty, they were just too crazy about it .. like attack me by jumping off the top of the cat tree and knocking it out of my hands before I could set it down crazy .. then acting like little monsters towards each other when it hit the floor.

I said enough is enough once that happened 3 times (which also made quite the mess for me to clean up, walls & floor covered in raw food) and switched them to a high quality grain free kibble. Not only was it just another way to have to be late for work (since you never know how long cleaning that sort of mess takes) but honestly it was a little scary too lol (my cats aren't little).

Anyways (that's for another forum/post), I love my little furballs dearly (as crazy as they may be) so here they are:
(*fair warning .. I like to take photos lol)

Momma (she started this whole tribe) .. she came with the house that my husband and I bought last year. She is something else. She's sweet, friendly, and as stubborn as they come lol. She was extremely pregnant at the time, and on Labor Day last year she blessed us with 5 bouncing baby furballs. I would make a horrible BYB .. because only 2 made it out, we kept the rest lol.

Momma is my husbands favorite .. and although she does follow me (along with the rest of everyone) if I change rooms .. when we're in the same room she sits with my hubs mostly lol.

Gimpy .. well he got his name because when he was born one of his back legs didn't work right. He out grew it, but the name stuck. He's fine with it! He is a goofball though, and extremely clumsy lol.

George is a ham and a lazy lug .. he's also the largest of the kittens, at 15lbs! And yes, He is HEAVY! Did I mention he was a couch potato?

Munky is a little Diva and a spitfire. She will scratch the ever loving bejesus out of you if you are holding her and she decides she wants down lol. She is also very wild looking .. something about her just screams exotic to me. I'm fairly convinced that Momma either has some Mau or Savannah in her (they all naturally have a belly flap, and some other characteristics that suggest it, #1 being their size). Munky got all the wild look tho lol

and the siblings 3 ..rare sight, them all sitting together .. mainly because they are still lol.

Mr. Diggs could have his own thread (but I won't lol) .. he is definitely my favorite and he knows it. He is like my little shadow, and I love it! Matter of a fact, he's hanging half off a barstool sitting beside me just so he can sit beside me lol. He has some real character, and he is just and all around good cat. I believe he is a Russian Blue mix, mainly because of his silver coloring (he looks shiny like a silver coin from an angle, hard to get on film tho), his temperament, and his mauve paws.

Mr. Diggs came to us courtesy of a dumpster outside of Freds. I took him and his brother home. They stayed at my parents when I moved, but not long after he got into a cat fight .. got a HUGE abscess, and is now our $1,000 kitty. He is a ninja too! Our cats don't go outside .. but Mr. Diggs likes to challenge that rule often lol.

He also does no wrong .. he sits at the bar while I prep/cook and never messes with a thing. I can turn around and leave (as you see) a nice, juicy, leg of lamp sitting there and not worry that a bite will be missing when I turn back lol.

Nilla is our newest resident .. she came from the Birmingham Humane Society. I'm pretty certain she's a full blooded Ragdoll .. she isn't a typical ragdoll though. She can be quite saucy (especially with the other kitties) and she does NOT go limp, she HATES to be held actually lol. That's ok tho, she's pretty sitting on the sofa!

That's a men's size 11 flip flop BTW

And last but not least, my 2 danes (I had 3 up until recently. Sadly I lost my big boy (and my favorite) Bain to bloat a month before his 3rd birthday

Bainaroo

Trinnie Bear

and Quinners

and if you made it this far .. here is myself and the hubs (always nice to know who you're talking to isn't it?)

Nice to meet y'all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 01:36 AM
Cool Cat

Welcome! Looks like you're never going to be bored! I love great danes.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks! Nope .. boredom (or work) is never lacking around our house lol.

We love them too .. I've even converted my husband! (He did only like labs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Cat Addict

Good looking bunch. I like when cats have that sort of reverse eyeliner like Munky and Gimpy have.

The dane dressed as Bear Bryant cracked me up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Senior Cat

Welcome! You have such beautiful cats! That picture of Gimpy with his head in the bag is too funny How do your dogs and cats get along with each other? I can't believe the size difference in the pic of Mr. Diggs and Bain touching noses!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Well .. the danes could really give a hoot about the cats. Mr. Diggs is really the only cat who will interact with the dogs, the others either vanish when the dogs are in the living room (we keep it gated so the cats stay either in or out, basically we rotate who gets to be on the sofa lol).

Momma .. terrifies the dogs. She is like a banshee when she sees them .. the danes are afraid of her lol. The last time we had her and one of them in the same room .. she chased Bain(the gray dane) around the living room screaming (and so was he), she launched an attack and was attached to his backside (then he REALLY screamed), and my husband made the fatal mistake of grabbing Momma. He ended up with a nicked artery and I had to clean the blood out of the carpet and recliner lol.

I tried to tell him not to, but I was too late lol.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Cat

What happened to the other thread and all the posts in it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page