New Kitten - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to StellaLuna
Talking New Kitten

I just adopted my second cat this evening. I was not looking or even wanted another pet but I felt a instant connection to her. We have named her Nyx w/ her nickname being Nixie She IS a kitten only 16 weeks, but is extremely shy and was not properly handled/cared for by her owner that surrendered her. She has been at the rescue for 2 months and I was the only person that showed interest in her in all that time. As recommended I have her set up in my large bathroom, and was told to leave her in there for 4-5 days so she will feel safe and can start scenting my other cat Stellaluna through the door. I will be calling the vet in the morning to set up a homecoming checkup hopefully for today or tomorrow. We have a very quiet household, both me and my mother are on disability and we have a small elderly terrier and my kitty Stella is going to be 5 this coming year. They thought we would be the perfect stable home for her. Since I only ever had Stellaluna, any advice you guys/gals have about introducing Nyx comfortably into the household or can share your expirence I would greatly appreciate it
P.S. will post pic of both kitties as soon as I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 07:00 PM
Tom Cat

Congrats on your new kitten and thank you for rescuing a little one nobody else wanted. I hope things are going well.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Premier Cat

AWW,a new kitten! Please post pictures of your new baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page