Cat Forum banner

Diesel, black kitten, got adopted.

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Mitts & Tess 
#1 ·
One of our fosters Diesel got adopted yesterday!
He was a character. I love his nail caps and matching collar.
We give away 2 free sets of nail caps with each cat adopted from us.

I was at Petco with him. I took him over to see the fish! He was fascinated!
Im sure it was his pre valentine get up that got him noticed!

See less See more
#2 ·
YAY For Diesel! Oh He is absolutely adorable! I love the red nail caps and matching collar! It so sets off against his beautiful black coat! :D

#7 ·
YEA for Diesel!! Now that I am a volunteer at a kill shelter (city run shelter), I realize how precious each adoption is. We take in SO many and adopt out SO few. The math just does not make for long time residents here so I try my best to get them homes. I'm so happy for Diesel, too!!!!

#10 ·
Just found out a kitten that was adopted last week is being returned because - get this:.... she's "vicious". At 16 weeks (she was loving here), she's now vicious, a week later. Wanna bet she's just being a typical 4 month old? Too bad I can't tell them about Catforum.com.

#11 ·
Marcia, that is just "FUBAR"!! Grrrrr...
People that want 'Instant' results...
No patience, no understanding, no empathy...
Poor litttle kitty...
You have my sympathies...
Sharon

#12 ·
So Bill please share any ideas with us. For us the black cats and special needs are the most challenging to get a home. Come to think of it, when I lived in Wisconsin I had a black cat! Maybe the natives love black cuz we had to live with white snow most of the year!!!!

#13 ·
Marcia, it's a horrible part of shelter work - the excuses for returns.

My personal AAARRGGH moment was the lady who returned a cat because she had purchased new furniture and the cat no longer matched her decor.

Maybe that's the adoption tactic for black cats! They match every decorating and wardrobe color scheme.

#15 ·
The most heartbreaking excuse I overheard while at a shelter looking at cats was someone who came in and told the shelter worker they wanted to look at kittens, and would be bringing in their senior cat soon to surrender it because it didn't play enough anymore and they wanted a more active cat. Absolutely heartbreaking...:sad:

#17 ·
part of me gets so steamed at people when they have lame excuses for returning a pet. But I keep my mouth shut. Its better than finding them abandoned or them being dumped at a kill shelter.

Recently two of my fosters came back after 6 years! They were her first cats. Two sisters who are so sweet and great cats. She has 6 cats and returned Puggy and Curlee Sue because she was moving and said the city had a 4 cat limit. Though i doubt that Im soooooo grateful she brought the back to us. They are at Petco for a week hoping someone will fall in love with them and they can transition into a new home quickly! Send good adoption energy everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.