Hello - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello

Hello, so I'm clearly new here.. Hence me posting this. I'm the proud owner (servant) to three cats:

Magnum "Mags" 10yr old Russian Blue Mix Grumpy old man, loves his father and tolerates me since I'm the one who feeds him. We've come along way in the past 3 years. He was around before I even existed in his world so it's all good.

Lilian: 2.5yr old devil. Solid white, hates cuddles but begs for love when her food dish is empty. Surprise gift from my boyfriend when she was 8 weeks old. Love every ornery bone in her body.

Jack (formerly Cayenne and may possibly change again) 4 months old black kitten recently adopted (11/17/14) from a nearby shelter. He was originally meant for my boyfriends grandmother but there was no spark between the two. Turns out he loves me so he came home on Wednesday (11/19/14). He's a lover, needs to be touched, slowly getting to be more playful as he settles but very much lacks confidence when left to himself.

I would post some pics but I'm doing this from my phone And Jack keeps smacking my glasses off for attention.. So Im not going to even try at the moment. L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Premier Cat

Hi Sandra! Welcome to the forum! Pictures please!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Pictures of my babers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	76345 EJ - Formerly Cayenne, Formerly Jack. He was named Cayenne at the shelter, then Jack, and now EJ is his forever name.

Name:	photo (23).jpg
Views:	60
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	76353 - Lilian

Name:	2013-04-15 17.17.00.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	76361 - Magnum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 03:49 AM
Premier Cat

Gorgeous Cats!

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 05:29 AM
Tom Cat

Greatly written introduction! Welcome So how did he get the name EJ?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Oh wow, Sorry it has been so long since I was last here.

The name EJ came from Subaru actually. It's the engine they use. My bf is a big Subaru Nut. We also have a dog named Forester which is one of their models, so you can see where this is heading.

EJ is has really come into his own and I miss the quiet old days.. You know, last month. He is about 6-7 months old now, too confident for his own good and driving everyone crazy! Our 90 lb pit/hound mix Forester has no idea what to do when his tail is turned into a play toy, so he wags more out of terror and EJ just loves it. All the cats get along great. And EJ is the biggest cuddle bug ever. I really hope he doesnt grow out of this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 11:42 PM
Premier Cat

OMG what an adorable fur family. EJ is so cute - though apparently Forester has a different opinion, lol! Lilian and Magnum are both stunning. Are they handling EJ's antics ok (or at least better than Forester)?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Everyone is getting along great! EJ is becoming more of a holy terror as each day passes by (he is 7 months) but he is still a lovable cuddle bug. He loves watching our hamster Penny.. not sure if I mentioned her. He hasn't tried anything but we still keep a close eye. Lilian can be a bit possessive of her favorite spot, Which is the giant water bowl for the dogs in the kitchen. It's where she puts all her favorite things. But so far so good. She can be a bit moody towards him but to be honest she can be a bit moody towards everyone so that's nothing new. They have play time together twice a day from anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour.. if they last that long and that's helping them bond. Magnum is too good for everyone but he joins in for a bit and then he is so over everyone and leaves. I think we are on toy #4 right now. I have to get some glue and make some repairs to our fliers/feather toys. They keep ripping them off. The dogs get along great with all the cats. Forester's tail is still occasionally a play toy and he still never just gets up and walks away. I'm starting to believe that he likes it.

Speaking of EJ and the hamster. He's currently watching Penny and her weekly struggle to get a giant cupcake mineral block down a tube that it's just to big for. Talk about built in entertainment.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 10:34 PM
Premier Cat

Aww, they are cute!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page