Welcome home, Mogget (Formerly Oliver) ~pic heavy~ - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Welcome home, Mogget (Formerly Oliver) ~pic heavy~

On November 21st, 2014 I brought home a buddy who I'd been searching for, for a long, long time. He was a little younger than I preferred, but once I met him I was in love.

A little bit about Mogget, Formerly Oliver, formerly known as Mushu. He was at Killeen Animal Shelter and was adopted by a woman who had a love for Siamese cats. She nursed him back to health. Then had the Austin Siamese Rescue do a courtesy listing for him. I came across his listing, and contacted his foster mom. She'd had him since July (5 months!) and hadn't found an adopter she thought was suitable. I was so ecstatic she thought I was suitable! I had contact her with more than a week, did a phone interview with the Rescue, and all that goodness.

It was love at first sight! I was afraid about bringing home a cat too young, or too small because Mia is 14lbs of HIGH ENERGY! She plays rough, she goes hard, and she goes long!! He was a perfect fit for her (after, of course introductions). I bonded with his foster mom, she's such a sweet heart. I need to send her a basket. She told me she'd had him for 5 months, and that she hadn't felt comfortable with any other adopters. She was impressed that I was as young as I was, and how into my animals I was. We bonded over Jackson Galaxy, how we would decorate our homes if we owned one (she rented and so did I) for our cats, Harry Potter, and so much more.

I brought him home the next night after I'd met him. He's adjusted really quickly, and wants SO badly to play with Mia. Introductions are going really smoothly. Mia is tolerating him for now, with very minimal hissing/swatting. They stay in separate rooms when I'm not home, so all of their interaction is mostly supervised, except at night when I leave them to be. They play with each other under the doors, and Mia even gives in to his chase games sometimes.... ANYWAYS, HERE'S WHAT YALL ARE WAITING FOR!

Mogget (Oliver) being introduced to the carrier, with my friend's daughter Ruby, who kindly accompanied me on the 2 hour round trip car ride! He walked right in and settled down, which he immediately regretted the moment we started moving... LOL

First night home!

Enticing Mia under the door..

His woowoo tag came in..

Not impressed with me...

pausing for a minute, from getting his little paw-paw under the couch

He's been a sweet, sweet, TERROR. I forget how crazy kittens are. But I love him and he's made a really great addition to the household already... <3

“Life,” said Yrael, who was more Mogget than it ever knew.
“Fish and fowl, warm sun and shady trees, the field mice in the wheat,
under the cool light of the moon.”~ Abhorsen, by Garth Nix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 02:03 PM
Senior Cat

That's so exciting for you! No surprise the foster mom found you a suitable home, and look how gorgeous he is! I just can't get over how pretty he is, congratulations on the new addition! Can't wait for news on how he and Mia get along!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Premier Cat

Wow! He is such a handsome cat. I am glad he is with you, seems like he is going to be happy in his new home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 04:39 PM
Cool Cat

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! Enjoy your new baby
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 11:34 PM
Premier Cat

Awww, he was just waiting for you to come along! He's stunning - his coat seems really unusual with his tabby markings but Siamese coloring. And he definitely looks like he could be a little imp! You'd better start bolting things to the floor.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 01:03 AM
Premier Cat

Astarael,
HOW did I miss this!!
Mogget is Gorgeous Handsome!!
I'm so glad things are going smoothly! Can't wait for the further adventures of!!

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page