Freyja. No longer getting Mr Wednesday... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Freyja. No longer getting Mr Wednesday...

So I have some sad news but please don't panic, Mr Wednesday is alive and well!

My breeder called me up today and said she needed to talk. She knew from the start that I had a preference for a whiter kitten with a full coat and asked if I would want to change my pick from Mr Wednesday to a gorgeous female from the same litter. I thought this was a little strange because I had picked Mr Wednesday out from day 1 and had paid for deposit and flights and had all that nitty gritty out of the way.

After a little prodding she told me that another lady had viewed Mr Wednesday and really really wanted him. This didn't really surprise me as she had told me before that quite a few of the people that viewed the kittens had thought he was gorgeous!

The lady in question had a Devon Rex previously but he had passed away earlier this year and she really wanted one with a sparse coat again.

In the end I decided I would trade and let the lady take Mr Wednesday. It really made her day and she was so ecstatic and called me up to thank me profusely, even offered to pay the deposit for me (Which I declined).

I will admit I am a little sad, even though I didn't get to bring Mr Wednesday home I had everything prepared. I have custom collars and tags and bells with his name on it so I am mourning a little bit that he won't be coming now but at the same time I am so glad he is going to a really great home and a lovely family.

But anyway. I would like to introduce everyone to Freyja my new furbaby who will arriving home on the 13th Jan.

She has apricot and blue markings on her face and tail but is mostly white and has the most gorgeous fluffy Devon wrinkle coat and eyes that will melt you
My breeder said if she had just a bit stronger colours she would of kept her as a new queen because she has a great coat and features and the sweetest temperament.

She is a very girly looking kitty!

Loki: Blue point Devon Rex
Freyja: My flame and blue Devon Rex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Cool Cat

Squeeeeee! Oh my goodness, I am sorry you are feeling a sense of loss for Mr. Wednesday, but she is absolutely divine!!! What a lovely little kitten, congrats!
Very kind of you to agree to switch
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Jr. Cat

OMG she is SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!! The blue eyes and the white coat are very sharp, she is going to look fabulous with some girly accessories like custom collars and tags. She is just TOO precious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Jr. Cat

She is gorgeous! And those eyes are amazing!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Cat Addict

That must have taken a lot of strength to make that decision to let go Emiline and so very very kind of you. Your new baby Freyja is a sweetie. Because of your kindness both her and her brother have hit kitty lotteries for forever homes
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 10:48 AM
Senior Cat

That was very kind of you to switch with that lady, even if you hadn't met Mr. Wednesday yet, I'm sure you grow very attached chatting with the breeder and looking a pictures! But at least he'll be loved and cared for, but Freyja is absolutely gorgeous , very regal looking! And look at her big ears!!

You are going to make a wonderful home
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks everyone

It was hard to let him go but I was relieved at least that when I spoke to the lady and she told me about her home and how doted on her cats I knew that he would be going somewhere where he would be spoiled so it was ok.

It also helped that Freyja is such a little stunner! At the end of the day as long as they are healthy and happy I don't really care what they look like anyway ^^

Loki: Blue point Devon Rex
Freyja: My flame and blue Devon Rex
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Premier Cat

Emiline,

I think my biggest draw to Devons are their curly looking soft coats! And wow, does Freyja's look great already! Does it change as they grow older? And her face, OMG, what a cutie! And I normally am not really drawn to Devons in general, but she is gorgeous! I certainly think you'll be happy with Freyja, I would!

Will the breeder send you more pics of her when she was super young? It'll be so neat to see her very soon, I sure will be looking for your posts of her!

And kudos to you for being able to relinquish Mr. Wednesday...what will you do with all of his personalized goodies? With a new female coming into the picture, are you having to re-order all new items? I'm sure Freyja will be able to give you many, many thanks for taking her instead, though!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Cat

What a beautiful kitten. Her eyes are so big and blue. That was very kind of you to let the lady have your first pick. This kitten is lovely though and I am sure she will be a wonderful companion. I love your name choice as well, Freyja is a great name.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Premier Cat

Emiline,
That was a very generous thing you did for that lady!
Freyja is going to be a Beautiful girl when she's grown! She's already a little cutie pie!
I wonder if the lady who's getting Mr. Wednesday, might be interested in the goodies you had already gotten for him! Name tag, etc!!:p
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page