Pumpkin Update Thread - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Pumpkin Update Thread

A long, long overdue thread, but finals have been steadily killing me. Thankfully, they are over, and I am able to give you guys an update on my baby boy and be more active around here! I have missed everyone!

For those who don't remember who don't know who Pump is, he is a stray cat I found at Wendy's last July. After months of feeding him and caring for him and worrying over him, I was *finally* able to trap him and bring him to my home. For those interested in the whole story from beginning to end, you can read it all in this thread.

I honestly cannot imagine life without this cat. He has taught me so much, and I simply can't believe my baby boy was living in a Wendy's parking lot for that long. How did I sleep at night?!

He is doing AMAZINGLY. Doesn't wander at all, sits in our backyard literally all day. At first, he fought a bit with the other cats, but now he has made friends! He also eats like a pig. I've been trying to cut him back a bit, but he looks hungry and my mom gives in easily, lol. But he is very healthy and sweet.

The only thing worth mentioning that is a little strange: he can get very aggressive, but I genuinely think he's trying to play and doesn't know how. Only god knows where he lived before being thrown from that car, but I'm gonna assume he never was taught not to play with his claws or teeth! But I know his limits, now, and know when to not keep risking my fingers lol. We play with him multiple times a day to wear him out too -- so funny, since he was petrified of cats toys whenever we tried to play with him at the Wendy's. Speaking of the Wendy's, I drove past there the other day where we used to feed him just for kicks, and it was quite a strange experience.

I would totally post a video, but I have no idea how! He's quite adorable running in circles for his kitty toy. He's gone through 3 collars now, too, and I just bought him a new bow-tie one today. Safe to say he's rather spoiled!

Some pics: (I'm really sorry I'm just really bad at phone pics lol)

Click image for larger version

Name:	momandpump.png
Views:	67
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	77514Click image for larger version

Name:	bigbelly.png
Views:	68
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	77522Click image for larger version

Name:	sunbathing.png
Size:	311.0 KB
ID:	77530Click image for larger version

Name:	selfie.png
Views:	58
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	77538
Click image for larger version

Name:	intense.png
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	77546

The woman in the photo is my mother, who has claimed Pumpkin as her baby. It's amazing how much she dotes over him now, when she really wasn't all too keen about taking him at first. If we thought Pumpkin would bear to be an inside cat, I genuinely think she might. But he would tear apart the house, likely murder our inside cats, and would HATE it. Sigh. I totally know some people like having outside cats, but it just isn't for me. I suppose he is a special situation, and considering how long he stayed at Wendy's and never wandered an inch, he seems very content here. (: I can only hope for the best, and I know that I did everything right by him. Who knew stopping at Wendy's that day would change my life so much?!

☆ ☆ ☆
"time spent with cats is never wasted."
[
edgar | michonne | novalee | oliver | kosmo | pumpkin ] <--- my cats
[ grumpy | big poppa | lily | cj | peanut ] <--- my ferals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 02:31 AM
Premier Cat

Struckers,
I am so happy for you, Pumpkin, and your mom!
Pumpkin was sooooo lucky to have you guys be his angels!
He's a very lucky boy indeed!
He's looking Great!!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 02:54 AM
Premier Cat

Wow, what a happy ending for both you and pumpkin! I adore his tabby "spots", and his cute little face! He sure has indeed come a long way from when you first meet him, but I also think you have as well, finals included! Goes to show how one person can truly make a difference, and your story was an adventure to read!

Thank you for the great update with pics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks so much guys! He sure has changed and so have I. I have trapped SO many cats since I was so scared to try to catch him, haha.

Funny tidbit: he likes to stargaze on my neighbor's roof. Luckily she doesn't mind at all, but her fence leads right up to the roof. He gets up there and sits calmly looking at the sky. So cute.

☆ ☆ ☆
[
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 09:17 PM
Premier Cat

He is such a handsome boy! I am glad he is with you and your mom. He looks very happy and content.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 12:33 AM
Premier Cat

Oh struckers I'm SO glad to hear that everything's going so well! I hadn't seen this thread until today and was just wondering yesterday how things were going. He's really got the sweetest little face and is probably so glad to have a safe place to be without constant traffic and people to be afraid of.

Look at him totally comfortable with your mom! Eh, pretty soon, if he wants to go inside, she's not going to be able to say no. He probably won't want to though - at least for any length of time. I've mentioned that occasionally, Mr. Casper wants to come in, but then after a while he just yowls to be let back out.

I'd definitely be careful and not let him use your hands as a toy. He may not realize how rough he's playing. Several members have said that they've been able to teach their feisty ones by letting out a scream or ow! or meow, because that's the way kitties let each other know if one's playing too rough.

So you're still working on trapping kitties on your campus? That's amazing. Yeah, I remember how completely stressed you were trying to trap Pumpkin, and the various devious plans for how to get him into the carrier! It must seem like ages ago to you.

He looks so healthy and just so content to be there with you. I love his face and his markings. He just looks like such a gentle little guy (apparently except when he brings out the claws, lol).
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Cat

He really is the sweetest little boy, I just came inside from playing with him. (: He's such a joy to have, even if he is a little feisty! I will have to be more firm with him in the future, I generally don't put my hands near him because I know he doesn't know how hard is too hard lol! But next time he accidentally snags me I'll yell "ow!" Hopefully he'll learn. If not, it's no big deal since it's not like he's constantly tearing at us inside. It almost seems like he does it half the time for attention.

I made an appointment for him this Thursday though, he's been limping on his back left leg and I gave it a day or two, but it still hasn't gone away (I thought maybe he just pulled it a bit). I'm thinking it has something to do with him always springing down from our fence. Either way, it's probably nothing big, but I'm paranoid haha especially with him being an outside kitty. I'll let you guys know how that goes!

It does seem so long ago now. I need to make an update thread on the campus kitties; myself and several others have captured 30+ of them now, and we finally got our paws on Lily's little ones (all 4 of which turned out to be flame-points, they're beautiful!!) In fact, three of the younger ones we trapped just went to their forever homes today!

Glad to hear Mr. Casper is still going good too, he's such a cutie!

☆ ☆ ☆
[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page