Callie joins the family for Christmas! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Callie joins the family for Christmas!

A couple of weeks ago, my girlfriend was on her way home (she & I live together) and a gorgeous little calico kitten followed her -- literally followed her (and no, my girlfriend hadn't rubbed catnip on her shoes, ha ha).

Well, we took "mugshot" photos and posted signs all over the neighborhood (we live in a residential neartown community in Houston) and we also posted the pic on a couple of "lost pet" websites. The cat had no collar but she was apparently well fed and clean, and was not at all frightened when humans tried to pet her, and so we assumed that someone would phone.

Well, nobody called, so we've adopted Callie. Our current cat, Bobby, was pretty jealous for a few days but now they're pals, and play cat games like Tag You're It, Hide and Seek, and Jump onto my Stomach at 3am. Here's Callie:

Bobby's not impressed, ha ha:

So, with a tip of the cat to Cleveland Amory, we've got a Cat Who Came For Christmas.

Callie has taken to crashing out nights atop my feet in the bed. I shoo her if she gets too active -- no way I can sleep when my feet are being used as a grooming station, eh?

Today I chatted with my girlfriend and we agreed: What a wonderful Christmas present for us, a beautiful, lively, and loving little calico. And what a fine gift to her, too -- no more cold lonely nights, no more hunger or thirst, no fear of large dogs or cars, plenty of love and toys to play with, and 2 humans who love her.

Of course I still miss my beloved RJ (RB) who left me behind after 17 years of friendship. But there's cycle of life, and we've got a gorgeous calico kitty as a great Christmas gift, certainly fitting for the season.

Last edited by katdad; 12-21-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 07:11 PM
Premier Cat

Congratulations on your new kitty! I know exactly how you feel about missing your beloved cat. Although I now have 4 beautiful, loving kittens to enjoy, I still miss Mocha every single day.

I really empathize with the game of Jump onto Stomach at 3am! I got Stomp all over Stomach and then Scratch Head for You at 3, 4, 5, and 6 am. Then my white flag came up and Luna went to share a room with Mystik.

...Always in my heart... Mocha....Nov. 13, 2002 - Dec. 6, 2013
.... Slave to Bengal Cats....Luna, Mystik, Simba, Komet, Meli,
Spark
, and Star
.....and a collection of kittens at various times.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Cool Cat

Awesome!! Congrats, she is beautiful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 10:35 PM
Tom Cat

I'm so happy for you and your cute little new addition. All the best with her, you and your girlfriend have done a wonderful thing.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 01:55 AM
Cat Addict

What a lovely Xmas story and you got a beautiful gift.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 02:06 AM
Premier Cat

Katdad,
Congrats on Callie!!
I Love Cleveland Amory's story,
"The Cat that came for Christmas"! Also well worth the time to hunt down his other books, that continues the story of Polar!
Callie is a Lucky little girl...and obviously a smart one, she knew who to follow!!:p
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 02:07 AM
Premier Cat

Aww, some kitties just seem to know how to pick their forever home. Seems best when the cat chooses their preferred person, too! Congratulations on your newest addition! Seems like it'll be a merry Christmas for all!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 02:38 AM
Premier Cat

Such a wonderfully perfect tale for Christmas. It's like a little miracle. Maybe RJ let her know that it was your girlfriend she should follow if she wanted a good home where she'd get lots of love. Any idea how old she might be?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Premier Cat

That is just beautiful! Have a wonderful Christmas with your girlfriend, Bobby and your new beautiful Callie.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Banned

How awesome katdad! Callie doesn't know (or maybe she already does) just how lucky she is to have landed in your family. How heartwarming, and as you point out, what a perfect time of year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page