Freyja's home! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Freyja's home!

After a very long wait Freyja is finally home with us!

She went through quite a ordeal with the plane as it was delayed Thankfully she was giving something to calm her down so she was pretty relaxed when we finally got her.

Pretty sure we were more frazzled then her waiting 2hrs in the heat! Haha

The meds aren't slowing her down none though, she is a VERY bold kitty. I was expecting her to run and find a nice quiet place to hide for the first 24 hrs like Loki did but she is having none of that and is strolling around exploring the place.

I let her and Loki meet through the crack of the door to the bedroom. Loki got his fur in a twist at first and gave a couple of hisses but he quickly calmed down (unlike earlier experiences with other cats/dogs). He is VERY curious about her and she about him. At the moment they are both at the door meowing for each other for the last 15 mins x.x

So I guess that's a good sign! Freyja is completely undisturbed by Loki's initial hissing and is just keen to do her thing. I think when she gets a little more weight on her she will probably be bossing him around!

I am still going to go with a slow introduction at though it is looking pretty promising so far.

Will upload some more pictures later when she decides to stand still enough!

Loki: Blue point Devon Rex
Freyja: My flame and blue Devon Rex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 01:52 AM
Premier Cat

OMG! She's ADORABLE!! She also looks like she could pick up space signals with those ears!!:p

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Believe it or not they are even bigger in person x.x

She is a little bat cat hehe.

I can barely keep Loki and Freyja away from each other, they are playfully batting and crooning at each other through the door. It is so cute!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 02:25 AM
Premier Cat

She is so beautiful! I love kitties with big ears. Congratulations!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 05:29 AM
Premier Cat

Omg Emiline!
She is gorgeous! Lol about her ears, though! I can't stop giggling at that. My kitties ears were huge when I got them last year, but no where near yours, I must say!
I'm also pretty sure she and Loki will be best buddies! Can't wait to see/hear more about them meeting and having a grand time!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 01:08 PM
Cool Cat

Emiline,
She is beautiful! I love those ears

Judy
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 01:17 PM
Cat Addict

How old is Loki? He's just a little guy too, right?

TBH if he's under a year I'd just try and intro now - kittens don't have the same territorial protection drive adult cats do and that's what mostly gets in the way of introductions. Well, that and lack of socialization.

Fill a room (not Freyja's safe room) up with toys, scratchers, treats, and two humans. Bring the kittens in at opposite ends of the room and set them free. be ready to intervene, but TBH I'd leave them be until there's real aggression shown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDDCuc-qLFo
note the BIG pupils, fluffed tail, and hunched posture. And the VERY mad look on his face. THAT is bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRZIqjJ_LdA
This is all fine. A little bit of hissing or growling isn't an issue. Some swatting is fine. But see how each of them defaults to a less stressed position quite a few times? That's what you're looking for - curiosity and respecting space.

If you see behaviour like the first video THEN separate them and do full intros. But a full intro with kittens that haven't been tested this way is a waste of time, IMO.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks Librarychick.

Loki is about 8-9months old and was desexed at 5months.

I relented this morning and let them go together because Loki has literally been sitting at the door ALL night waiting for her and as soon as I got up he bolted in.

When I try to serparate them them meow for each other x.x

There is no more hissing or posturing at all. Loki is just chasing her around the room gently batting at her (no claws) and licking her every chance he gets, particularly her genital areas.

She seems ok with him, just worried because he is a lot bigger than her but I was told not to interfer as they need to sort out the pecking order on their own.

I think I will let them together for a while and then separate for a while to give Freyja a break cause Loki is VERY full on, following her everywhere.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Cat

They bat at each other (no claws) and keep darting at each other to make the other flinch.

Loki keeps making a trilling noise where as Freyja is silent.

He keeps trying to jump on her back and then the wrestle and separate so I am guessing they are just playing x.x

I was expecting a lot more... hissing haha

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 07:19 PM
Premier Cat

Sounds like they are already having fun!
My two act the same as yours and they are both 9-10 lbs (4--4.54 kg) each at almost a year and a half! They also do bunny kicks while biting each other's ears, paws, neck, etc. If they are silent and take turns pouncing on the other, it's all kitten play! I love it especially when they stare at each other with ears facing sideways and tails wagging! Lol. So funny to watch them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page