It happened! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Cat

It happened!

Wow. What a whirlwind. I had contacted this lady about a kitten she had posted. And I didn't hear back from her for two days, so I figured it wasn't meant to be or someone else had adopted him. Well she called me last night and she was like you can adopt him if I can bring him right now. So I said yes, never having met him before. Just talking to her she seemed a little unstable and ahe kept telling me that he didn't need to be fixed because he was a male and couldn't get pregnant. I was like well I can't leave him in that situation.

So long story short. My "tentative inquiry" turned into a solid commitment in about ten seconds and now I have a second cat.

He is shy and out of sorts and absolutely gorgeous. He is about three months old and a blue lynx point. Did I mention he's gorgeous? Agnes is hissing through the door.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150114_092059_1421253283260.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	79274  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Premier Cat

He is a beautiful little boy! I am glad that you took him away from that lady, she sounds a little wacky. Don't worry, Agnes will get used to him in no time. Congratulations!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Cat

A few better pictures.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150114_110603_1421260793573.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	79298  

Name:	20150114_110620_1421260838645.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	79306  

Name:	20150114_110626_1421260885938.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	79314  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 01:52 PM
Premier Cat

Oh My!! He's ADORABLE!!:p

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 02:05 PM
Senior Cat

Oh he's gorgeous! Every time I see pictures of a sweet little face like this I keep wondering if I'm sure Leelu wouldn't like a companion. ( I am unfortunately)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 02:12 PM
Cat Addict

He's beautiful!

Just make sure he gets a thorough vet check before you intro him to your other kitten. I've gotten a few pets from weirdos and they tend not to be in the best condition. At the very least he'll need his shots and deworming as well as the check up.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 03:40 PM
Cool Cat

He's super adorable! I'm glad that you adopted him; the fact that his previous owner would assert that a cat doesn't need to be fixed just because it's a male and can't itself get pregnant indicates to me that it's a darn good thing she rehomed him. I'm really bothered by that sort of attitude, and thinking like this, to me, clearly demonstrates that you aren't responsible or mature enough to own a pet (end mini-rant)! Yeah, I know, I'm preaching to the choir.

I'm sure Agnes will get used to the idea of sharing her house eventually. In the meantime, give her lots of love, and do make sure you take librarychick's advice and get the new kitten checked by your vet before you do any face to face introductions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarychick View Post
I've gotten a few pets from weirdos...
Lol! It's humorous because I can commiserate. Not that any of my current cats have come from shady, rough looking dudes in grocery store parking lots or anything, but one definitely ends up dealing with some weirdos while doing cat rescue, and I've definitely offered to rehome cats for a couple of the stranger ones in the hopes of preventing the grocery store parking lot, or some similar, scenario.

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks! He is a pretty one for sure. That's a great point about the vet, I am trying to get him on on Monday or Tuesday. He doesn't look to badly but I definitely want to get him wormed and tested for FIV and FeLV before I let them together. Poor guy is meowing so sadly up in his safe room. We decided to name him Dexter. I wanted Albus and my husband wanted Bill, so we compromised.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 04:22 PM
Cat

He's gorgeous! Glad you are giving him a loving home. Yes, I would vet him before letting him out.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 05:41 PM
Cat Addict

He is gorgeous. Congratulations. Wonder what would have happened if you couldn't take him right then!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page