Taffy homecoming pics! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Taffy homecoming pics!

After two days of IV fluids, tests, (he came home at night, I did not let him sleep at the hospital all alone), he is home! Feeling pretty perky, compared to how he's been. He's lost a bit of weight, but he's still beautiful. He was hungry! He ate, better than he has in months, was even begging from daddy as you can see in one picture. He even hunted socks this morning....the whole box! Sorry, I'm super excited to have my boy home. Not sure what is wrong, just going to enjoy all the time I have with him. He is going back Monday or Tuesday to get his WBC checked again, to see if any improvement after a round of antibiotics.

First pic, he's groggy you can tell, and we had not yet taken off his bandage from the IV.

Please don't judge me for my dirty floor, it was a rainy day and my dog decided to run laps around the kitchen floor, she was so excited to see Taffy.

Begging for some of dad's spaghetti. My husband may kill me for this pic

And finally, tired and chilling with mom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 03:28 PM
Tom Cat

He looks so beautiful and happy to be back home.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 03:29 PM
Cat Addict

I am so glad for you and so sweet that your dog was excited too. What a nice family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Jr. Cat

Such a gorgeous kitty! Glad he is feeling better!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 04:01 PM
Senior Cat

Yay Taffy! Glad he's feeling better, are you seeing your vet on Monday?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
Yay Taffy! Glad he's feeling better, are you seeing your vet on Monday?
Yes, they want to check his WBC again on Monday, or Tuesday. The vet wanted to see if his WBC went down after antibiotics. He doesn't think it's going to help, but we are just giving it a try.

I just know that I am enjoying every minute that I have with him, and plan to spend as much time near him as he will let me. He is not a lap cat, at all. He will sit next to you, like in the picture. My dog will go up to him and nudge him, wanting him to groom her, and he will stand there and groom her face and ears for like 10 minutes, it is cute (and slightly gross on the ears), but my poor dog does not understand why he doesn't want to groom her right now. She's kind of sad, because he has always done it. They are very close.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 06:34 PM
Premier Cat

I'm glad he's eating. I sure wish they'd figure out what's up with him so he can go back to feeling like his old self.

I also hope he got some spaghetti.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 07:08 PM
Premier Cat

He's beautiful howsefrau! I'm glad that he's eating and even feeling well enough to hunt socks again! I hope it keeps up this way for a long time.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 10:19 PM
Premier Cat

(((HUGS))) and Prayers, that Taffy Gets Better! And the vet figures something out!
So happy he's perked up now!!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
I'm glad he's eating. I sure wish they'd figure out what's up with him so he can go back to feeling like his old self.

I also hope he got some spaghetti.
Yep, he got a piece of spaghetti, he was quite happy about that.

We are likely going to be at the vet when the open tomorrow morning. He did not want to eat any more this evening, and he seemed to be in pain also, so I gave him a dose of buprenex, which I managed to spill the tiny little tube of it all over the counter, so will be getting some more tomorrow. He got pepcid today instead of cerenia, because they didn't want to give him another dose, but it looks like we may have to give him that tomorrow. If he will eat a pill pocket, I have cerenia in the pill form, so I'll try that first. I am not sure if it's pain or if it's the nausea, or both. He was purring and crouched in the chair, which makes me think pain. Praying he will be better in the morning.

Thank you for your responses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page