Meet Wiley, the newest foster baby - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Meet Wiley, the newest foster baby

This little boy is feral. He was saved from euthanasia because he is not aggressive and we are very low on cats at the shelter. I took him in because frankly after this week I won't have anyone in my foster room and I just can't have that and kittens are salvagable. He is a tad older, about 5 months and just as scared as scared can be but this is only day 3 and I can already see improvements. Tiny steps forward.

He stays in a large dog kennel with all the comforts of home. I let him out several times a day for cuddle sessions which he has started enjoying a tad (he usually sits there looking for a way out of my arms) and when I put him on the floor he slinks around looking for an escape route then he will settle in the darkest, furthest corner of the room.

I'm hoping to redeem him and make him adoptable. He is not aggressive at all, very laid back and passive. He has never hissed or lashed out - he is just totally scared. I've had several kittens like this and I know I can save him. Without further ado, meet Wiley, the newest recipient of the Chez Marcia foster lottery!

Attachment 82466

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"

Last edited by Marcia; 11-29-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 09:06 AM
Tom Cat

Kudos to you for taking in Wiley. You are an amazing person. I'm sure Wiley will come around in no time.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Cat

I hope he will become around and will love to be hugged and petted. Kudos to you to take him in . Hope he will find a good home later on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Cat Addict

Ooh lucky lucky Wiley to have hit the perfect time to come to you Marcia. With that adorable face and after your magic touch he will soon be in a forever home
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Kitten

he is lovely i wish there were more people in this world like you.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 02:43 PM
Cat Addict

Good you will have just him to socialize and save.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 11:59 PM
Premier Cat

Ahhhh, Wiley! What Big Eyes, you have in that picture!
You're a Cutie, and definitely tameable!
You don't know it yet, but you won the kitten lottery, getting to go home with Marcia!

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 12:28 AM
Premier Cat

What a sweet looking boy! I am sure that yummy treats and feathery toys will do wonders for him. In your care, he will soon be a lap baby. I am so glad you are giving him a chance.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

This is day 4 of the Wiley transformation and I am happy to report that things are going well. He does not cringe so much at my touch and loves to be snuggled. I will position him in my arms and he will pretty much just lay there and let me pet him. I think I caught him purring yesterday.

This morning he was sleeping in his hammock instead of cowering in the corner of his cage like he usually does. There is no inclination to play at all. He is still much too feral for that. He is just basically now getting out of the "fight or flight" mode. Play will come when he is sure I'm not an ax murderer. On a very positive note, he mews at any other cat that will come into the room. I've let Polly and Jack in and he will make little "hey! I'm here, pay attention to me, I'm one of you" type of guttural mews. They basically ignore him, but he is cat friendly so that is good.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 12:55 AM
Cat

Beautiful boy! Great work you are doing with him. He will be adoptable in no time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page