Tootsie got the lion cut! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Tootsie got the lion cut!

Well... I had been debating the lion cut for Tootsie for awhile now, since she is difficult to groom and throws fits when my boyfriend and I try. Due to that, she had some mats that I'd been meaning to get... but naturally, they got larger and two were too close to the skin for us to safely cut, so she went in for the lion cut!

I was going back and forth on groomers, and finally settled on Petsmart because they were the only one who could get her in quickly. Petsmart had clear-cut prices (a lot of individual groomers added a ton of charges for extra things, like a cat acting out or having to cut out mats was an additional $7.50 an hour... what ) and my Petsmart also has a cat-specific groomer that came in on certain days. So Tootsie went in on Tuesday!

Her groomer was FANTASTIC. She got a lion cut, bath, ear cleaning, and nail trim for $67. She was so great with Tootsie and her cut is GREAT! The groomer absolutely adored Tootsie and was so excited to show me and tell he how Tootsie did with everything. Supposedly she was an angel . After my experience, I can't recommend Petsmarts grooming enough. I'm taking Ellie in soon for a routine groom with the same groomer since I loved her so much!

Tootsie gets so squirmy and meowy when I take the camera out, but here's some pictures I could get! My cameras flash is so bright so it kind of mutes her colors, lol.

Before:

After:

Look at that little tongue!! lol

I swear, she looks a feels 5lbs lighter! LOL I really thought she was getting chubby. Come to find out, it was all fur! I absolutely love her cut and Tootsie seems to love it, too. Ellie was a little weirded out at first and sniffed and hissed a little bit, but she got over it.

I never realized how great a nail trim was for cats. Tootsie can't scratch or grab onto everything now because her nails aren't sharp! I probably could've saved my computer chairs (the only things the cats scratch) if I had their claws trimmed sooner!

Last edited by Mandy and Ellie; 03-26-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 12:17 AM
Premier Cat

Adorable! She looks so pretty! Love her tail. I give Cabbit a lion cut for the summer too. He is a Manx so no tail on him. It is amazing how much smaller they look without all their fur. I really like how soft and velvety they feel after his cut. Plus no fur tangles!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 03:22 AM
Premier Cat

M&E,

Wow, what a difference in Tootie's look! I bet she looks great in whatever "cut" she gets, though, lol. She has amazing colors but wow the amount of fur and the length is pretty dramatic by looking at her head and tail!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 09:21 AM
Cat Addict

Oh tootsie looks tiny without all the fur. Due to the heat and humidity this cut is very populate here for the Summer and all the cats who have it seem to be so much happier for good reason. Plus their fur seems to grow back softer too
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 12:59 PM
Tom Cat

Oh MY gawd, she is SO CUTE! She's like my Jasper ... tiny under all of that fluff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 01:47 PM
Premier Cat

I. LOVE. THIS!

She's so tiny under all that fuzz it makes her head look huge. She's ADORABLE!

Makes you wonder if for the first few days she thought it was REALLY drafty in the house.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 01:51 PM
Cat Addict

Oh My! That fluffy face.. that tail! Look at the fur boots! She is adorable. It is funny how little cat yo find under all that fur.

Like Mow I wondered about the draft. then imagined her using that tail as a blanket.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Kitten

HOW CUTE!!! She is beautiful!!! I agree, nail trims are the best! If I go a week without trimming my cats nails, my arms look like they went through a blender.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 04:03 PM
Cat Addict

Don't know why but I am uncomfortable with clipping cats. Lovely cat, though.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 04:07 PM
Premier Cat

Pedicures! Every other weekend all 3 boys get a pedicure. Sooner if I notice they are starting to leave scratches on me through regular behavior (stepping on me, playing with my fingers, etc.).

It's always SO nice not to get those nails caught in everything!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page