Meet Toru and our "Lil' Dude" Hobbes! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Red face Meet Toru and our "Lil' Dude" Hobbes!

These here are my babies:

The pretty girl on the left is Toru and that sleek fella on the top is our boy Hobbes.

We saved our precious girl from a shelter the day before Thanksgiving in 2013 and she has been my little princess ever since. My husband and I were so fortunate that she was the most flexible cat either of us had ever encountered, being that she was not picky about the litter in her box or its placement and took to her food change like a champ.

However we noticed that Toru was gaining a bit of weight despite how much we tried to get her to play. She was just more fond of lounging in the sun than chasing feathers or a laser pointer. So we thought perhaps a friend would entice her to get those lazy haunches moving. Boy were we right....

Enter: our "Lil Dude".

Hobbes was part of a litter of kittens that had been abandoned by their momma. When we found him he was half starved, barely 6 weeks old, and a shivering ball of spiny fur. Toru, after a slow day-by-day introduction, (and once Hobbes had a good bath), took to him like a mother hen. The rest was history.

These two are adorable and I love them, though Lil' Dude had some issues first starting out he has grown up healthy and will be a full year old in July. These little fur-babies have become life long companions and best friends. And we were right! Toru has slimmed down and is much more playful...however now they are BOTH little trouble makers

I appreciate this forum and will definitely be taking advantage of all the years of knowledge you all have to offer! Look forward to stories, info, and advice in the future!

-Jess, Toru, and Lil' Dude

Last edited by TDurdenFC; 04-03-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Cool Cat

Aww... welcome to the forum from another Ohioan! Such a fantastic story and your Toru and Hobbes are both ADORABLE! My Ellie was the same way before and after we got our second kitty, Tootsie... getting her a companion was the best decision I've ever made!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you! You're very close to my area of Ohio, I see! I am in Wilmington, just south of ya I visit the outskirts of Dayton often when I get bored of the cornfields surrounding our farmer's town lol. I think I was just looking at your Tootsie's new haircut! Sooooo adorable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Cat Addict

OMG! They are both so beautiful!! I loved reading about their backstories....Toru sounds like she could be my Samantha, and Hobbes, my Jules. I too have pics of them laying so sweetly together...thats my favorite pic of yours that you put up.

Welcome to the forum Jess! And of course that welcome extends to Toru and Lil' Dude as well!

Seriously though, that little white patch on Hobbes's chest is making me crazy...I'd give him a kiss there all the time!! How simply unresistable!! <3
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thanks, Bandit

I need to start exploring more to find pictures of everyone's little kitties! I'm assuming the handsome felines in your signature are your little ones I had a hard time deciding on which pictures to post, and I wish I could post videos of Lil' Dude's first bath from Toru! It was quite the awkward grooming session lol. She still subjects him to semi-daily bathings, much to his objection. Just like a boy, hehe.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 08:37 PM
Premier Cat

Awww...this post needs a cuteness alert! Great story! They're both absolutely adorable. I especially love the picture of the two of them cuddled up together, and the one of Hobbes peeking through the blanket is precious. Toru looks so gentle and well suited to the role of Mom to Hobbes!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I especially love the picture of the two of them cuddled up together, and the one of Hobbes peeking through the blanket is precious.
Thanks, Susan! I know this may sound silly, but I had never known a cat to enjoy burrowing more than climbing! He actually shredded open a pillow of ours one evening just to make a strange little cave to hide in lol. We have since purposefully created more burrowing opportunities to save our precious pillows...

If there are any life lessons to learn from a cat, it's to sleep when you feel like it, eat until you're full, play until you fall over, clean yourself regularly especially in public, and never, EVER, come when you're called.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Bandit View Post
Seriously though, that little white patch on Hobbes's chest is making me crazy...I'd give him a kiss there all the time!! How simply unresistable!! <3
I forgot to respond to this part! It is hard not to nuzzle his chest, hehe. Especially since he is such a snuggle bug. But I will have to take a good picture of his whole belly because it is stark white as well, and whenever he rolls over to play I can't help but give him one flurry of a belly rub (which he kindly denies by rabbit kicking my hand lol.)

If there are any life lessons to learn from a cat, it's to sleep when you feel like it, eat until you're full, play until you fall over, clean yourself regularly especially in public, and never, EVER, come when you're called.

Last edited by TDurdenFC; 04-03-2015 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Typos
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Cat Addict

So cute. Welcome to the forums. we look forward to sharing stories.

My Gypsy also had a undeniably temping white belly.. so I can relate. though she LIKED me ruffling it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBlack View Post
So cute. Welcome to the forums. we look forward to sharing stories.

My Gypsy also had a undeniably temping white belly.. so I can relate. though she LIKED me ruffling it!
Awwww! How fortunate you were to have full access to Gypsy's belly Thanks for the welcome

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page