Surprise back story on Bink - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Surprise back story on Bink

Bink is a feral that I trapped and brought in from my neighbor's hay barn a month ago. She was given to me by our local rescue Animalkind in May 2014 and spent last summer in my barn colony before moving across the road to my neighbor's. I saw her potential for taming down and decided to bring her up to my house.

Bink is making a lot of progress towards becoming one of my indoor/outdoor house cats.

I was looking through her Animalkind paperwork when I saw that she had been surrendered Dec. 2013 and was from Yonkers, which is nearly 100 miles south near NYC. There was a phone number, so I called it.

The woman who got back to me was astonished and happy to know that Bink was now in a real home. She said she had T&N'd over 100 cats in the Yonkers area at her own expense and had found most of them homes. Bink had a kitten before being TNRd and this woman had adopted the kitten.

So how had Bink come to Hudson? Bink and the only other cat left in the colony had been threatened by a "jerk" and this woman, as a last resort, hired a taxi for $300 and took them both to Animalkind in Hudson in a snowstorm. I was amazed at this generous and kind act.

We exchanged photos - Bink's kitten looks just like her. Now I can't look at Bink without thinking what a long and perilous journey she endured to get to the safety of my house. We all want happy endings for those difficult-to-place cats that cross our lives. Happy endings don't always happen. But sometimes they do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Cat Addict

Oh what an amazing story. So glad her happy ending is with you
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 12:05 PM
Cat Addict

Aww such a sweet story. That someone would go to such expense and lengths. Bet she was happy to hear from you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Premier Cat

Greenport,
What a heart warming update on Bink, and such a journey...
What a wonderful woman, to care so much, that no expense was to much, to get her to safety!
Blessings for her, and for you!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 01:04 PM
Cat Addict

I love hearing about truly awesome people who really go out of their way to help animals, like this woman did. And how cool to know the story of your cat. That is something I am sure every cat person wishes, I know I do, to know the story of how a cat came to be. I always wonder about Arwen, my feral. She was TNR'd by someone, I don't know when, but she has lived in my neighborhood for possibly a decade (or more). I always wonder who did it, if it is someone who still lives here in the neighborhood. That is so cool to know your cat's story. Awesome the progress Bink has made, to being an indoor/outdoor cat. I always hope that Arwen could be like that, but my four indoor only cats, I always worry that it would be a bad idea to do that.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10cats2dogs View Post
What a wonderful woman, to care so much, that no expense was to much, to get her to safety!
Sharon
My feelings about Bink's benefactor exactly. She also told me "I never forgot about her, I always prayed that she found a home."

So you never know.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Premier Cat

I'm so glad she's found you and your home. This woman is a true Angel to kitties and so are you!

So glad for Bink!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Cool Cat

Wow... that gave me chills! Such a fantastic, heartwarming story. That woman saved Bink's life, and how lucky Bink is to have made it into your arms. Without that woman and you, who knows where Bink would be.

Stories like this give me faith in humanity... people like you and this woman are absolute angels to cats like Bink and make SUCH a difference! <3
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 02:42 AM
Premier Cat

Oh wow, what a great story! And you never would have known it if you hadn't called... You and this woman both do so much for homeless kitties, so it's really wonderful that you were able to fill each other in on the missing parts of Bink's story.

But...isn't something missing? like a photo or two? or three?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page