First time cat daddy and I love it! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

First time cat daddy and I love it!

Hi everyone,

I came across this community and found some great advice and stories from cat lovers from everywhere. I've come to this site so often that it's part of my daily rotation for cat stuff.

A bit about me: I live in beautiful sunny San Diego with my wife and daughter. We recently adopted a very handsome domestic blue (my wife would say Chartreaux) from our local shelter and named him Lando.

After sharing the news with my co-workers who convinced me to get a cat, they convinced me even further to get a second cat. So back to the same shelter and got a gorgeous black shorthair that was a little underweight (she's at a normal weight now).

With 2 out of three of us having cats, it was only a matter of weeks before we got our third from a different shelter for our daughter. A very cute little blue/white shorthair that we named Luna.

I'm not sure if we're going to push the envelope with a fourth furry family member, but who knows what the future will bring. Life in the house has never been better, and I'm discovering day-by-day how much fun it is to have cats in the family.

My wife and I are researchers by heart, and having after establishing some very diverse aquariums, it was only natural for us to find resources to help us care for our cats. The kinds of foods, toys, beds, brushes, snacks, treats, etc. is a main topic during dinner. I find myself forwarding articles and sites for cat information to my wife and she does the same. Our date nights always have a little bit of time to visit the local pet store for new toys or deals on good food for our cats.

I hope that I get to share some great stuff here as I continue down this journey with our newest family members.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 06:15 AM
Premier Cat

Welcome to the forum ChaplainSD!! May I ask if you are indeed an active or former military chaplain stationed in San Diego? I am a retired Navy chief living large on the beautiful SE Virginia Coast. Welcome to the world of kitty heaven! We all have come here to this forum for one reason or another, I'm glad you are not in distress about anything cat related and can come with nothing more than an interest in our furry friends! I think you will find us a friendly and welcoming bunch of cat fanatics! I always feel right at home here.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Hi Marcia,
Sorry if my handle is a little misleading. It's been an internet name that friends have given me for 15+ years that somehow stuck. My real name is Ray and I've worked with military for just as long as I have been using that handle. I have never served in the military myself (one of my biggest regrets), but I have been committed to assisting those who have.

Luckily, none of my cats have caused us any real distress. Aside from finding which foods they like more, or if a particular toy would be more attractive than others. Me and my wife never figured ourselves "cat people", but we have made it a big part of our lives with open arms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 09:03 PM
Cat Addict

Welcome! nice to see some enthusiasm on your and your spouses part!! feel free to ask away.

you may need to hit f5 to refresh before posting in any other thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 09:16 PM
Premier Cat

Hi and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your sweet kitties. His is a great community.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 11:40 PM
Cat

Welcome. We love pictures!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I was hoping someone would ask!

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 03:07 AM
Cat Addict

Welcome to CF. You can never post enough photos of your cats, we love to see tham. Thats a very beautiful fur family you have.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 03:24 AM
Tom Cat

You know how to pick up with each subsequent kitty they got cuter.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 07:12 AM
Cat Addict

I like your enthusiasm. Welcome to the forum. You have gorgeous cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page