Lily and Nemo Introduction - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Cool Lily and Nemo Introduction

Hello all! Thanks again for the warm welcome! I would like to introduce my two hairy babies Lily (the queen) and Nemo (the joker).

Lily is believed to be a Maine Coon/ Norwegian forest cat but we cant know for sure since we rescued her as a kitten. She acts like a dog, is vocal and responds when we talk to her. She even comes to bed when called (when she wants to) We have had her for almost 2 years now, she is about 2 1/2 and we rescued her when she was 6 months.

Nemo is our newest cat named so because he loves water and tries to hop in the shower with us (its only cute the first time). We believe him to be mostly Turkish Van but again we cant be sure since hes also a rescue. Sure looks like one though! He loves to cuddle on our laps and run around like the house like a crazy. Hes about a year an a half and we rescued him 3 months ago.

(hes not usually allowed on the table but he was helping)

And finally here is a rare moment, cohabitation

PS: I hope these are all sized properly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Premier Cat

RosieR.
Gorgeous cats! Lily is soooo Fluffy!
Nemo is Adorable "helping" you!:p
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Jr. Cat

Very pretty cats
They look nice and soft!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Your cats are gorgeous!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 09:46 PM
Cat Addict

From the shot of Lily on her back, it looks like you do an excellent job keeping that long fur tidy. Any tips you'd like to pass along?
They're both beautiful cats.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 09:46 PM
Cool Cat

OMG - they are both so incredibly gorgeous! I absolutely see some similarities of Maine Coon in Lily and Turkish Van in Nemo! Whether they're actually the breed or not, they definitely have the looks of them. What beauties!

Also, is that a Pillow Pet that Nemo is draped on in the one photo? I love it! My cats love my panda Pillow Pet! haha
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Cat Addict

Just stopped off in your intro. so had to take a peak at the furry ones.

They are gorgeous and seem like happy kitties! I love the look on his face as he "helps". Congrats on the lovely furbabies.

I love cats sleeping on their backs. I just wanna floof all the fur on their bellies.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenport ferals View Post
From the shot of Lily on her back, it looks like you do an excellent job keeping that long fur tidy. Any tips you'd like to pass along?
They're both beautiful cats.
Lily is very good at cleaning herself and really doesn't like to be brushed so we try to brush her then reward her with wet food or brush and pet her at the same time. Fortunately she loves belly rubs so the tummy is eaay enough to get. Her tail is the only issue. It gets knots in it and some times she gets Klingons! If it looks like we can't brush it out with out her getting super annoyed then we cut them out. She got a bad one a few weeks ago so we cut the hair under her tail shorter so it donsnt happen again. She acts so happy when we are done and doesn't mind letting us snip them out. I think we got pretty lucky with her!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy and Ellie View Post
Also, is that a Pillow Pet that Nemo is draped on in the one photo? I love it! My cats love my panda Pillow Pet! haha
Yepps! That's my unicorn pillow pet that's now covered in white cat hair. Nemo has claimed it as his own even though he doesn't quite fit on it anymore.

Thank you all for your kind words!!! I'm partial to long haired cats, I think they are so pretty and soft. Even though I need to carry a lint roller everywhere I go!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 12:07 AM
Premier Cat

Wow, they're gorgeous! Lily looks every bit the queen in that first pic. I love Nemo's markings, and I love the ear tufts on both!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page