Cat Forum banner

Meet Luca and Minka!

763 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Anderlie 
#1 ·
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Luca is my sweet, tiny, baby boy. He has a white coat, with gray points, a cute little lilac nose, and dark gray ears and tail.

I adopted Luca on June 9 at approximately 5 weeks old. He is currently hitting 6.5/7 weeks old and has given me the biggest sense of life! He has so much personality and is so cheerful and playful. I just love him so, so much. He had his first vet exam at 5 weeks on June 13, and his first set of vaccinations at 6 weeks, 1.34 lbs on June 20, 2015. He has recovered to his active, hungry self very well and I am so proud of the little guy.

Minka is our adorable baby girl. She is such a cute little teddy bear with the most tender personality. She is currently 10 weeks old, 1.5 lbs, and She came to us with a URI and mild bacterial infection, for which our vet recommended a week round of interferon and azythromycin while keeping her in Kitty quarantine until Saturday (June 20). Let me tell you, emotionally it was a terrible ride as I have had no experience with a sick kitten this small. But it helped. Her previously non-stop sneezing is definitely down, her eyes are less watery, and her ears are producing less gunk. Plus, she is finally eating and playing all day long! She still has a sneeze here and there, but seems to be progressing very well. If she keeps up this good health, she will be ready for her first set of vaccines in 2 weeks.

The babies were introduced to each other and are playing ALL DAY AND NIGHT LONG. I am so glad to see them so happy and so active, with their cute antics and bunny kicks.

It has been a handful keeping these baby kitten within our bedroom/bathroom quarters because of their energy levels, but I am loving every minute of it. It has made ME a much more worried/paranoid pet parent though, as I feel they are defenseless and worry too much about diseases etc. My husband has had to come through and knock some sense in to me for worrying so much! And, with 3 adult cats also living in the house (and who miss sleeping at my feet very much), an introduction will follow in the future which I have to prepare myself for. Fun times to follow.

See less See more
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
#2 ·
ACK! Kitten Cuteness Overload warning!!
I'm so glad you posted their pictures! I'm also very happy that Minka is doing well now!
She and Luca can be 'partner's in crime' again!:p
Sharon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.